Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme customization
On 04/12/2011 11:51 PM, jedi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 09:36:34PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Kevon <mythtv@reidsresidence.com> wrote:
>>> I am trying to customize the MythCenter-wide theme but I am not having
>>> much luck finding the setting I want to change. I am using the list mode
>>> in myth video and some of my seasons with very long name does not show
>>> the season/episode number in the top right. I would like to display the
>>> season/episode number in the bottom left as well (left of the video
>>> image, just above the video info). Anyone know where in the xml file I
>>> need to modify to add this feature?
>>
>> I'm not a theming expert but I ran into the same general issue. What
>> you have to do is find out if what you're trying to change is part of
>> the "end" theme or inherited from a "base" theme.
>>
>> I'm not using the correct terminology but hopefully that helps.
>>
>> I believe MythCenter-wide gets a lot of it's configuration from
>> default-wide. You can choose to change it there or override it in
>
> Yes. MythCenter-wide "inherits" from default-wide. You will have
> to start working in there first. The MythVideo bits that MythCenter-wide
> uses are in there.
>
> If you are going to tinker around with themes, you should create your
> own versions so that your own mods don't get blown away by any updates.
>
> [deletia]

Thanks for the pointers. I think i found what I am looking for in the
video-ui.xml in the defualt-wide directory. This the section I think
controls the Video List display.
<window name="tree">
<textarea name="breadcrumbs" from="basetextarea">
<area>50,20,1180,40</area>
</textarea>

<buttontree name="videos">
<area>40,50,1200,310</area>
<numlists>3</numlists>
<spacing>10</spacing>
<buttonlist name="listtemplate" from="basebuttonlist" />
</buttontree>

<textarea name="title" from="basetextarea">
<area>40,400,1200,40</area>
</textarea>

<textarea name="s##e##" from="basetextarea">
<area>50,380,400,30</area>
</textarea>

<textarea name="subtitle" from="basetextarea">
<area>50,420,400,30</area>
</textarea>

Anyone know what is going on here? I was looking for something to the
effect of "Title #x# - Subtitle" in the top right and
"Title"
"Subtile"
in the bottom left.

What does the numbers in the <area> represents?
Re: [mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme customization [ In reply to ]
Anyone know what is going on here? I was looking for something to the

> effect of "Title #x# - Subtitle" in the top right and
> "Title"
> "Subtile"
> in the bottom left.
>
> What does the numbers in the <area> represents?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development#The_textarea_widget
Its the x posn y pox width and height of the box

--
"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven