(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development) ?

Is there a cheat-sheet or summary of what needs to be done to make existing
0.23 themes work on 0.24 ?

Re: Upgrading theme from 0.23 to 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:

> I assume the Theme development document is current for 0.24
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development) ?

Yes.

> Is there a cheat-sheet or summary of what needs to be done to make existing
> 0.23 themes work on 0.24 ?

You could validate your theme against the XSD/DTD and see where
validation fails.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development#Validation
Re: Upgrading theme from 0.23 to 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> > Is there a cheat-sheet or summary of what needs to be done to make existing
> > 0.23 themes work on 0.24 ?
>
> You could validate your theme against the XSD/DTD and see where
> validation fails.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development#Validation

Ah, that will be a help thanks.

I seem to remember for one of the previous upgrades, someone had made a
shell script to do some of the "search and replace" changes. I guess no one
has done that yet ?

Re: Upgrading theme from 0.23 to 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> > Is there a cheat-sheet or summary of what needs to be done to make existing
>> > 0.23 themes work on 0.24 ?
>>
>> You could validate your theme against the XSD/DTD and see where
>> validation fails.
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development#Validation
>
> Ah, that will be a help thanks.
>
> I seem to remember for one of the previous upgrades, someone had made a
> shell script to do some of the "search and replace" changes. I guess no one
> has done that yet ?

That was only for one specific change which changed the way
buttonlists are built. I would not expect any such script to be
written to migrate a .23 theme to .24.

You can also check the wiki history since last release until this
release to see how the docs/individual -ui.xml pages changed.

Robert
Re: Upgrading theme from 0.23 to 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> > I seem to remember for one of the previous upgrades, someone had made a
> > shell script to do some of the "search and replace" changes. I guess no one
> > has done that yet ?
>
> That was only for one specific change which changed the way
> buttonlists are built. I would not expect any such script to be
> written to migrate a .23 theme to .24.

I see at least one change I'll probably write such a script for: Changing

A little state machine and it should change the corresponding closing /font
to /fontdef too

Re: Upgrading theme from 0.23 to 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> > I seem to remember for one of the previous upgrades, someone had made a
>> > shell script to do some of the "search and replace" changes. I guess no one
>> > has done that yet ?
>>
>> That was only for one specific change which changed the way
>> buttonlists are built.  I would not expect any such script to be
>> written to migrate a .23 theme to .24.
>
> I see at least one change I'll probably write such a script for: Changing
>
> A little state machine and it should change the corresponding closing /font
> to /fontdef too

Could all be accomplished with a single sed line, don't need anything
as fancy as a script.

Robert