Now with i.e. Arclight there is no CallerID container definition in OSD.xml
How then can I do CID popup on MytUI OSD ?
thx in advance
Re: CID & Info containers in MythUI OSD ? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:02 AM, warpme <warpme@o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi *
> In pre 0.24 times I had callerID & SysStatus presented on OSD with help of
> my perl scrips.
> It used CID and MSG containers in OSD for presenting info on screen.
> Now with i.e. Arclight there is no CallerID container definition in OSD.xml
> How then can I do CID popup on MytUI OSD ?

You can't. These notifiers no longer exist. They're disabled/removed
until someone writes a universal notification widget that would appear
anywhere, not just during playback.

Robert
Re: CID & Info containers in MythUI OSD ? [ In reply to ]
Robert,

Thx for replay.
Robert: Your work with Arclight is AMAZING.
I know some XBMC lovers - they like XBMC (which offers 10% of myth
functions) mainly because of it's UI.
IMHO Arclight is the most sophisticated skin which I ever seen. At first
look it looks nice.
But when somebody spent few minutes analyzing details - it is simply
incredible.
That's perfect - as now myth is killing not only by features, but also
by look !

I wish I would some day be skilled in Qt/C++ (and have time) to code
notification widget. Unfortunately it isn't case now.
Having such widget will be nice.
Believe me: I do many times an demo where incoming VoIP call halts
playback, notifies on TV screen who is calling. People are amazed - and
immediately asks: where they can buy such system...

Thx again for Your incredible work !

Re: CID & Info containers in MythUI OSD ? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Warpme <warpme@o2.pl> wrote:
>  Robert,
>
> Thx for replay.
> Robert: Your work with Arclight is AMAZING.
> I know some XBMC lovers - they like XBMC (which offers 10% of myth
> functions) mainly because of it's UI.
> IMHO Arclight is the most sophisticated skin which I ever seen. At first
> look it looks nice.
> But when somebody spent few minutes analyzing details - it is simply
> incredible.
> That's perfect - as now myth is killing not only by features, but also by
> look !
>
> I wish I would some day be skilled in Qt/C++ (and have time) to code
> notification widget. Unfortunately it isn't case now.
> Having such widget will be nice.
> Believe me: I do many times an demo where incoming VoIP call halts playback,
> notifies on TV screen who is calling. People are amazed - and immediately
> asks: where they can buy such system...
>
> Thx again for Your incredible work !

Warpme,

Thanks for the compliments, I am very flattered to get them. :)
Hopefully Myth themes will continue to improve, and I might try
working on something new for .25 if I can find the time. I suspect
the notification widget will come eventually, I don't think it should
be too terribly much work for the right person. Hopefully for .25?

Robert
Re: CID & Info containers in MythUI OSD ? [ In reply to ]
Robert,

Is there any chance to rise Your priority of writing general
notifications wdget ?
I really miss wow factor when ppl see VoIP integration (CID, playback
pause/resume).
Also in pre 0.24 I had Sys status (cpu/gpu temps, load, etc) on OSD -
which I really miss....
0.24 is killer for me so no chance to go back to 0.23 for above.
thx for positive feedback :-)

br
Re: CID & Info containers in MythUI OSD ? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

The generic notification isn't on my list of tasks at all, I hadn't
considered working on it at all-- whomever does it, it won't be in
.24, as we are in feature freeze and will be releasing our first
release candidate shortly. The earliest the widget would arrive would
be .25, and possibly not even then.

Robert