Mailing List Archive

Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23
Is there somewhere a general overview of what needs to be done to make a
0.22 theme work under 0.23 ?

I assume the page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development
now describes the 0.23 themeing system ?

Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:

> Is there somewhere a general overview of what needs to be done to make a
> 0.22 theme work under 0.23 ?
>
> I assume the page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development
> now describes the 0.23 themeing system ?

The only essential change is to convert to the new states for all
buttonlists (four rather than three, I actually think you asked about
this some time ago?). The conversion can be done with a script.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/7781/selectedinactive-v3.sh

Run that from the base dir of your theme and it ought to be .23
compatible. Everything else is new features and yes, it's documented
in the wiki.

Robert
Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> The only essential change is to convert to the new states for all
> buttonlists (four rather than three, I actually think you asked about
> this some time ago?).

Looking back -- I sort-of did. Sorry, must be the brain strain from trying
to help with fourth grade math homework. :-)

Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> The only essential change is to convert to the new states for all
>> buttonlists (four rather than three, I actually think you asked about
>> this some time ago?).
>
> Looking back -- I sort-of did. Sorry, must be the brain strain from trying
> to help with fourth grade math homework. :-)

Naw, I meant about the four state buttonlist, which at that time
wasn't possible (but now is). Just giving you context so that you
know what the change is.

Robert
Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> > Looking back -- I sort-of did. Sorry, must be the brain strain from trying
> > to help with fourth grade math homework. :-)

> Naw, I meant about the four state buttonlist, which at that time
> wasn't possible (but now is). Just giving you context so that you
> know what the change is.

OH - got it. I was worried I had already asked what the changes were, and I
had no doubt I might have done so.

I did just find John Poet's post fomr Feb 2nd, just didn't realize that was
the only change.

Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> I did just find John  Poet's post fomr Feb 2nd, just didn't realize that was
> the only change.

It's not, it's just the only one that will prevent your unadjusted
themes from functioning. A small number of new features, you just
have to explicitly implement them.

Robert
Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> It's not, it's just the only one that will prevent your unadjusted
> themes from functioning. A small number of new features, you just
> have to explicitly implement them.

OK -- then I guess that's the list I was looking for. would those be the
developement-only features "discussed in blue" on the Wiki page ?

Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> It's not, it's just the only one that will prevent your unadjusted
>> themes from functioning.  A small number of new features, you just
>> have to explicitly implement them.
>
> OK -- then I guess that's the list I was looking for. would those be the
> developement-only features "discussed in blue" on the Wiki page ?

They were until I removed the blue to reflect .23 as "current." Only
a teensy bit premature, but you can check the history to see when I
removed the blue highlights.

Robert
Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
Did the ability to have different templates for the various buttonlists in a
buttontree make it into 0.23 ? I thought I recalled seeing a post that a
patch had been submitted and would be in 0.23, but I don't see that
reflected in the docs.

Re: Moving theme form 0.22 to 0.23 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:

> Did the ability to have different templates for the various buttonlists in a
> buttontree make it into 0.23 ? I thought I recalled seeing a post that a
> patch had been submitted and would be in 0.23, but I don't see that
> reflected in the docs.

No. To the best of my knowledge Stuart still has that planned but
when he gets to that is up to him.

Robert