3. Animation is no go in MythTv? (ok its just eye-candy I know...)

Thanks in advance!
/Hylsan
Re: running external programs from MythTv? and some more... [ In reply to ]
On 02/08/2010 08:34 AM, tomas.hylander@gmail.com wrote:
> Just got most things work on my mythtv after a year or so of
> configuration etc.
>
> Now Id like to look at the wonderful world of theming, mostly since I
> still run on 4:3-screen.
>
> Somethings confuse me tho, so you'll probably hear from me more..
>
> 1. Is it possibly to run external programs from within MythTv? (a
> button linked to terminal for exempel)
> Think I've read it somewhere but cant find it now..

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Menu_theme_development_guide (Menu themes,
not UI themes), specifically
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Menu_theme_development_guide#Special_Actions
(note both EXEC and EXECTV).

Mike
Re: running external programs from MythTv? and some more... [ In reply to ]
I've been trying to get something to work but I guess I need some help.

Not completely sure that it works, but what I want is to run a script from
within MythTv.

my button is defined in base.xml and looks like this;
<button name="status">
<position>40,220</position>
<statetype name="buttonstate">
<state name="active">
<imagetype name="background">
<filename>ui/mc-status.png</filename>
</imagetype>
<textarea name="text">
<area>0,0,92,55</area>
<align>allcenter</align>
</textarea>
</state>
<state name="selected" from="active" />
<state name="disabled" from="active" />
<state name="pushed" from="active">
<imagetype name="background">
<area>0,0,92,55</area>
<filename>ui/mc-status1.png</filename>
<alpha>180</alpha>
</imagetype>
<textarea name="text">
<position>8,8</position>
</textarea>
</state>
</statetype>
</button>

I then call it from menu_ui.xml with a simple "<button name="TV-Status"
from="status" />"

But where do I use the "<Action>EXEC myscript.py</Action>"

Or can I only use the types and actions listed on the link??

Thankful for anyhelp!

/Tomas