Mailing List Archive

Arclight / Questions
Hi all,

With the potential of the net MythUI I'm a recent convert to MythTV and I
really like the direction themes like Arclight and Graphite are heading.
I've started reading up on theme development and would like to start making
my own modifications (a buttonlist widget for 'newest recordings and videos'
from main would be nice, but baby steps first!).

I have a couple comments/questions:

1. In base.xml there's a multiline attribute for textedit (line 1609). Based
on the documentation this is only used with the textarea section, correct?

2. I've noticed with a couple of the MythUI themes, including Arclight,
there's a bit of an issue editing playlists. If the playlist is already
active when I enter mythmusic I can edit the songs in the playlist. However,
if I select the playlist then go to edit it I get:

Track, Error: putYourselfOnTheListView() called when my_widget already
exists.

Reading a bit and looking through the music-ui files it seems the mythmusic
port is in progress and the screens are a bit of a hodge-podge. In the
meantime, what could I do for a workaround?

3. Possibly a silly question, but is there a way to set a global percentage
for some attribute and have all attributes of that type reference it.
Specifically, it would be nice to be able to set a global transparency level
in % and have all the alpha attributes reference it as a multiplier of its
value.

Thanks!
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM, John Boyle <justbe.john@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. In base.xml there's a multiline attribute for textedit (line 1609). Based
> on the documentation this is only used with the textarea section, correct?

Correct. The multiline attribute is there as a reminder to me to
convert the multiline version of my textedit to use it when it's done.
It is currently ignored.

> 2. I've noticed with a couple of the MythUI themes, including Arclight,
> there's a bit of an issue editing playlists. If the playlist is already
> active when I enter mythmusic I can edit the songs in the playlist. However,
> if I select the playlist then go to edit it I get:
>       Track, Error: putYourselfOnTheListView() called when my_widget already
> exists.
> Reading a bit and looking through the music-ui files it seems the mythmusic
> port is in progress and the screens are a bit of a hodge-podge. In the
> meantime, what could I do for a workaround?

Arclight only themes MythUI windows (the non-MythUI portions are just
copy-pastes from default) so any issue in a non-MythUI screen is
shared with default. I don't plan to touch these screens until they
are MythUI.

> 3. Possibly a silly question, but is there a way to set a global percentage
> for some attribute and have all attributes of that type reference it.
> Specifically, it would be nice to be able to set a global transparency level
> in % and have all the alpha attributes reference it as a multiplier of its
> value.

Not possible, though you can simply set alpha values as you like on
all your base.xml widgets and inherit them, modifying the alpha when
necessary in the child version.

Robert
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara@gmail.com>wrote:

> Arclight only themes MythUI windows (the non-MythUI portions are just
> copy-pastes from default) so any issue in a non-MythUI screen is
> shared with default. I don't plan to touch these screens until they
> are MythUI.

Thanks so much for the quick response, Robert. I checked again and you were
indeed correct that the problem is shared with default as well.

Just one additional question if you don't mind... I'm a little confused as
to why the main menu sticks around when selecting 'watch videos' using
gallery/list/tree mode. It appears that the background is redrawn (sans main
menu) as I would expect but then the main menu and it's background
reappears. This doesn't seem to happen when I select Browse or Manage View,
just Gallery / List (which I believe is 'tree'). Looking through
video-ui.xml it looks like all the views are handled the same for background
(the 'fanart' imagetype) so I'm a little stumped as to why the main menu
still appears.
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM, John Boyle <justbe.john@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Arclight only themes MythUI windows (the non-MythUI portions are just
>> copy-pastes from default) so any issue in a non-MythUI screen is
>> shared with default.  I don't plan to touch these screens until they
>> are MythUI.
>
> Thanks so much for the quick response, Robert. I checked again and you were
> indeed correct that the problem is shared with default as well.
> Just one additional question if you don't mind... I'm a little confused as
> to why the main menu sticks around when selecting 'watch videos' using
> gallery/list/tree mode. It appears that the background is redrawn (sans main
> menu) as I would expect but then the main menu and it's background
> reappears. This doesn't seem to happen when I select Browse or Manage View,
> just Gallery / List (which I believe is 'tree'). Looking through
> video-ui.xml it looks like all the views are handled the same for background
> (the 'fanart' imagetype) so I'm a little stumped as to why the main menu
> still appears.

Are you attempting to use the theme with .22, or an old version of trunk?

Robert
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]

> Are you attempting to use the theme with .22, or an old version of trunk?
>
> Robert

Nope, very recent - r23305.
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM, John Boyle <justbe.john@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you attempting to use the theme with .22, or an old version of trunk?
>> Robert
>
> Nope, very recent - r23305.

Might want to try changing theme painters.

Robert
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]

> Might want to try changing theme painters.
>
> Robert

Seems to happen under both OpenGL an QT. What's interesting is it only
appears for folders that I can navigate further down. If I'm on the top of
the list, or the the button that goes back up a level, the new background is
displayed and the main menu is absent.
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM, John Boyle <justbe.john@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Might want to try changing theme painters.
>> Robert
>
> Seems to happen under both OpenGL an QT. What's interesting is it only
> appears for folders that I can navigate further down. If I'm on the top of
> the list, or the the button that goes back up a level, the new background is
> displayed and the main menu is absent.

Sorry, don't see it here, but that's development code for you.

Robert
Re: Arclight / Questions [ In reply to ]

> Sorry, don't see it here, but that's development code for you.
>
> Robert

Indeed. I'll keep mucking with it and see what I can find.

It does overlay any fanart from the shows within the selected directories
properly, and I don't see the main menu. It's only visible for folders not
directly containing video files. I'm structured Type (TV or Movie) -> Genre
-> Title -> Season so the main menu sticks around for the first two folders.
Why it comes to the forefront is a mystery to me, but I'll keep digging.
Thanks for your help.