Is this a font problem? If so any hints on tracking down which one?
I haven't noticed any other broken windows... most are fine.

Thanks for the help.
Re: Terra theme and the programlist window [ In reply to ]
On Friday 15 May 2009 04:51:49 Michael Rice wrote:
> Anyway I didn't get too far since the programlist windows that are
> ported are not working right for me. I've attached a screenshot so
> you get an idea of what it looks like. The screenshot is from a
> monitor but it looks similar on my wide screen. The biggest issue is
> the buttons in the buttonlist widget have no text and take up the
> majority of the screen overlapping the textarea.
>
> Do these programlist windows work for everyone else or is this a bug
> that everyone is seeing? This window is Schedule Recordings/Search
> Lists/Movies.
>
> Is this a font problem? If so any hints on tracking down which one?
> I haven't noticed any other broken windows... most are fine.

Oops.

Guess I didn't finish theming it.
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: Terra theme and the programlist window [ In reply to ]
Michael Rice wrote:
> Hi. I am using trunk 20471 which is a couple weeks old now. Using
> Terra there are some programlist screens not moved over to MythUI yet.
> They are still using ProgListerQt. Since these happen to be screens
> my wife uses I thought I'd look into updating these to use the
> ProgLister class.

<snip>
> Thanks for the help.

While it's a trivial matter to change ProgListerQt over to ProgLister
it can't be done until the calling screens have also been converted to
MythUI that's why there are two versions of that screen. For example you
can't show the MythUI version of the ProgLister on top of the schedule
editor screen because it is still a Qt window not a mythui screen.

Paul H.
Re: Terra theme and the programlist window [ In reply to ]
On 5/15/09, Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
> Michael Rice wrote:
> While it's a trivial matter to change ProgListerQt over to ProgLister
> it can't be done until the calling screens have also been converted to
> MythUI that's why there are two versions of that screen. For example you
> can't show the MythUI version of the ProgLister on top of the schedule
> editor screen because it is still a Qt window not a mythui screen.

Is there any big issue preventing the conversion of the schedule
editor? I'm willing to give it a try if no one is actively working on
it. I was able to make progress converting the tv osd menu editor
patch to MythUI some months ago so if the effort was somewhere in that
range I might have a chance.

Mike
Re: Terra theme and the programlist window [ In reply to ]
Michael Rice wrote:
> On 5/15/09, Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael Rice wrote:
>> While it's a trivial matter to change ProgListerQt over to ProgLister
>> it can't be done until the calling screens have also been converted to
>> MythUI that's why there are two versions of that screen. For example you
>> can't show the MythUI version of the ProgLister on top of the schedule
>> editor screen because it is still a Qt window not a mythui screen.
>>

> Is there any big issue preventing the conversion of the schedule
> editor? I'm willing to give it a try if no one is actively working on
> it. I was able to make progress converting the tv osd menu editor
> patch to MythUI some months ago so if the effort was somewhere in that
> range I might have a chance.
>
> Mike

I believe Stuart is currently working on it. Even though the screen
looks easy to convert it's not so easy once you start looking at the
code to see how it's done now it's deeply entangled in the settings
stuff from what I can see. There's also lots of dialogs used by the
schedule editor that will all require converting and testing which can
take a _long_ time.

If you are looking for something to do I think the last major screen to
convert is the custom recording one. The one thing missing at the moment
is the multiline edit but it can be done with a single line one for now.
Bet you wished you never asked now :-)

Paul H.
Re: Terra theme and the programlist window [ In reply to ]
On 5/15/09, Paul Harrison <mythtv@sky.com> wrote:
> I believe Stuart is currently working on it. Even though the screen
> looks easy to convert it's not so easy once you start looking at the
> code to see how it's done now it's deeply entangled in the settings
> stuff from what I can see. There's also lots of dialogs used by the
> schedule editor that will all require converting and testing which can
> take a _long_ time.

Got it. Any way I can help testing or otherwise let me know.

> If you are looking for something to do I think the last major screen to
> convert is the custom recording one. The one thing missing at the moment
> is the multiline edit but it can be done with a single line one for now.
> Bet you wished you never asked now :-)

I'll take a look at the custom recording screen and see what I can do.
I am certain my wife doesn't use this one though.. :)