Arrgh!

Does anyone know where you can send complaints about stupidities like
this?

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
To be fair, "1 New At 6pm" also contained a mistake.

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 18:57:08 +1200, you wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 26, 2023, 18:52 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:
>
>> TVNZ seems to have renamed "1 New At 6pm" to "1News At Six" in the
>> EPG. So you will need to update your recording rules. The names of
>> the other news programmes look to have changed too, but I do not
>> record them. I have not seen any notice about the change, so I
>> suspect it was just some new staffer making a change by mistake.
>> Arrgh!

>To be fair, "1 New At 6pm" also contained a mistake.

That would just be a typo on my part.

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
Yes I was very disappointed when I missed my recording.

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
They also changed "1 News At Midday"

to "1News At Midday"

and now it is "1News Midday"

I too would like to complain.

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
These changes appear to happen regularly. I've a broad range of recording
rules for the 6pm news. Looks like this batch happened around the recent
update to their info-graphics.

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
How about regular expression support ?

".*["oO0|nN|eE3"*|1*.*"nN|eE3|wW|sS5".*

should match any combination of "one news" with any capitalisation,
spacing, and any surrounding text.

(note- untested)

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: 1 News has changed its name [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 01:45:37 -0000, you wrote:

>How about regular expression support ?
>
>".*["oO0|nN|eE3"*|1*.*"nN|eE3|wW|sS5".*
>
>should match any combination of "one news" with any capitalisation,
>spacing, and any surrounding text.
>
>(note- untested)

After my daily EPG update script runs mythfilldatabase, it also runs
an SQL script "epg_fixes.sql", and then runs "mythutil --resched". In
epg_fixes.sql, I currently have:

select
chanid,starttime,title,subtitle,left(description,20),season,episode,category,seriesid,programid
from program where title="1News At Six" order by programid;
update program set title="1 News At 6pm" where title="1News At Six";

to report and update the current "1 News" problem. SQL does have
regular expression capabilities, but so far I have only been using =,
LIKE and % type matching.