Mailing List Archive

Re: mythtvnz Digest, Vol 120, Issue 8
ok - another crack... couple of points:

1) that was a typo in my previous email. I got the original file from
/lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service not
/etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service.
2) I have swtiched to a static IP address
3) NetworkManager-wait-online.service was already enabled.

I deleted my systemd override file and started again. this time i did:
systemctl edit mythtv-backend.service
added the follwoing two lines:
[Unit]
After=NetworkManager-wait-online.service
Saved the file.

Still no luck. I ran the following to verify the service you mentioned:
systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-online.service

The status is 'enabled'. Interestingly, I tried to look at the logs for
this service by doing
journalctl -u NetworkManager-wait-online.service

But there were no log entries... I manually started the service, and
rechecked the logs - and now there was an entry indicating that it had
started...

I wonder if systemd is actually starting the
NetowrkManager-wait-online.service at all?

Finally, I added another line to the override:
Requires=NetworkManager-wait-online.service

And that seems to have done the trick. I'll sit on this for a couple of
days, but if it remains fixed, then i'll write it up a little more nicely
in case it helps anyone else...

Thanks again.