Any comments and explanations would be appreciated.

Regards,

Peter
Re: TiVo remnants [ In reply to ]
On 07/03/17 06:59, Peter Charlesworth wrote:

> This is probably a silly question from a new member but,?. is there
> anything that can be potentially salvaged from my old TiVo units, such
> as (I?m simply guessing here), tuners or hard drives? What about the
> separate ?extension hard drive?, that I have attached to the main unit?
>
> Any comments and explanations would be appreciated.

No idea - do you own them or lease/hire them?

Are they dead yet or do they still work for the moment?

You could pop the lid off and see what's inside the box too. HDDs is
all I'd expect to use, along with external cabling.

How does the extension hard drive connect to the main unit? estata or
USB ? You may be able to shuck the extension drive from its case and
find a normal sata HDD inside.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/
TiVo remnants [ In reply to ]
This is probably a silly question from a new member but,.. is there anything
that can be potentially salvaged from my old TiVo units, such as (I'm simply
guessing here), tuners or hard drives? What about the separate "extension
hard drive", that I have attached to the main unit?

Any comments and explanations would be appreciated.

No idea - do you own them or lease/hire them?

Are they dead yet or do they still work for the moment?

You could pop the lid off and see what's inside the box too. HDDs is all
I'd expect to use, along with external cabling.

How does the extension hard drive connect to the main unit? estata or USB ?
You may be able to shuck the extension drive from its case and find a normal
sata HDD inside.

--

Criggie

<http://criggie.org.nz/> http://criggie.org.nz/

Criggie, I own the units, and have three of them. Currently, they are
working perfectly, so I envisage trying to keep them going until TiVo pulls
the plug. Hopefully by then, my MythTV will be well up and running.

The TiVo external hard drive is labeled "Western Digital" on the back, and
it is connected by an eSATA cable (I now know what one is!)

Regards,

Peter