afraid). On DVB-T Four and Four PLUS 1 have new serviceids (1307 and
1308), but on DVB-S the old Four serviceids have been kept for the new
channels.

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
What next? TrumpTV?

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
> Four is no more - now we have Bravo (not an improvement at all, I'm
> afraid). On DVB-T Four and Four PLUS 1 have new serviceids (1307 and
> 1308), but on DVB-S the old Four serviceids have been kept for the new
> channels.

Does this require a rescan?

Worik

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
worik.stanton@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 09:27:46 +1200, you wrote:

>On 03/07/16 17:49, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> Four is no more - now we have Bravo (not an improvement at all, I'm
>> afraid). On DVB-T Four and Four PLUS 1 have new serviceids (1307 and
>> 1308), but on DVB-S the old Four serviceids have been kept for the new
>> channels.
>>

>Does this require a rescan?
>
>Worik

Yes, or a manual update.

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
OK - my turn for the dumb question.
How do we do a manual update? (or is a rescan easier?)

On 4 July 2016 at 10:58, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 09:27:46 +1200, you wrote:
>
> >On 03/07/16 17:49, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> >> Four is no more - now we have Bravo (not an improvement at all, I'm
> >> afraid). On DVB-T Four and Four PLUS 1 have new serviceids (1307 and
> >> 1308), but on DVB-S the old Four serviceids have been kept for the new
> >> channels.
> >>

> >Does this require a rescan?
> >
> >Worik
>
> Yes, or a manual update.

Robert Fisher
Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
Keep up the dumb questions! Lurkers like me appreciate them :)

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 13:26:48 +1200, you wrote:

>On 4 July 2016 at 10:58, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:

>> >Does this require a rescan?
>> >
>> >Worik
>>
>> Yes, or a manual update.

>OK - my turn for the dumb question.
>How do we do a manual update? (or is a rescan easier?)

I do manual updates using SQL. Otherwise, you have to do a rescan.

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz [stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz] > wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 13:26:48 +1200, you wrote:

>On 4 July 2016 at 10:58, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:

>> >Does this require a rescan?
>> >
>> >Worik
>>
>> Yes, or a manual update.

>OK - my turn for the dumb question.
>How do we do a manual update? (or is a rescan easier?)

I do manual updates using SQL. Otherwise, you have to do a rescan.

Do a rescan but don't insert any channels automatically. Choose manual
insert and cancel everything except Bravo. I did this last night. My SOP
for channel updates. You might want to delete channels 4 and 9 first so you
can reuse the channel numbers. Or do that after as I did and change channel
numbers which you used when you added Bravo. Confusing enough? :)
Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
2 more maybe "dumb" questions:-

Is it safe to delete channels in mythweb?

What are the xmltvid's for these new channels?

Rob Fisher

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> 2 more maybe "dumb" questions:-
>
> Is it safe to delete channels in mythweb?

Yes

> What are the xmltvid's for these new channels?

wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
gunzip freeview.xml.gz
less freeview.xml

Should be near the start of the file.

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
I cannot help thinking that if anyone needed a complete guide to MythTV set
up and maintenance they could look up the answers to all of my questions.

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:02:16 +1200, you wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> 2 more maybe "dumb" questions:-
>>
>> Is it safe to delete channels in mythweb?
>>
>Yes
>
>> What are the xmltvid's for these new channels?
>>

>wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>gunzip freeview.xml.gz
>less freeview.xml
>
>Should be near the start of the file.

Bravo and Bravo PLUS 1 have made it into the downloaded EPG:

bravo.freeviewnz.tv
bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv

HGTV is not there yet - I have updated my EPG script to get any
missing channels from MHEG5.

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
> Bravo and Bravo PLUS 1 have made it into the downloaded EPG:
>
> bravo.freeviewnz.tv
> bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
>
> HGTV is not there yet - I have updated my EPG script to get any
> missing channels from MHEG5.

HGTV has made it. I didn't know it was there as I can't get a lock on
the new channel 29 off Cave Hill for some reason, need to check my
antenna alignment.

--
http://nice.net.nz

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
No.Didn't bother to set the channel up.

-Paul

Re: Bravo [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 11:46:09 +1300, you wrote:

>After changing back to use Hadley's nz.py grabber yesterday I noticed that
>there was no data for Bravo Plus 1
>
>I was going to ask this list about it until I realised that I never watch
>Bravo let alone Bravo Plus 1.
>
>Does anyone?

There are some other channels missing too, that I also never watch,
such as some religious ones. But what I did was to add some code to
my EPG collection so it runs mhepgsnoop after it has the download
data, and then compares the xmltvids. If it finds any channel in my
MythTV database that is not in the downloaded data, it merges the
mheg5 data to replace it. This has been running for a couple of
months now and seems to work well. If any new channel comes along, it
will automatically provide data for it once I have it set up in
MythTV, before the downloaded data catches up with the change.

I have also added a section to the end of my EPG collection code after
it runs mythfilldatabase, where it runs some SQL on the database, then
runs mythutil --resched. That allows me to add in SQL to change
things that need fixing, like a problem with the title for Cleverman
where they had extra things on the end of it so it did not match a
standard recording rule set up on the first episode:

update program set title='Cleverman' where title like 'Cleverman %';

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
Also noticed that there is no data for Duke for today following. That is more
of a concern as there are some programs on Duke I do record.

Thanks

On Tuesday, 4 October 2016 6:59:32 PM NZDT Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 11:46:09 +1300, you wrote:
> >After changing back to use Hadley's nz.py grabber yesterday I noticed that
> >there was no data for Bravo Plus 1
> >
> >I was going to ask this list about it until I realised that I never watch
> >Bravo let alone Bravo Plus 1.
> >
> >Does anyone?
>
> There are some other channels missing too, that I also never watch,
> such as some religious ones. But what I did was to add some code to
> my EPG collection so it runs mhepgsnoop after it has the download
> data, and then compares the xmltvids. If it finds any channel in my
> MythTV database that is not in the downloaded data, it merges the
> mheg5 data to replace it. This has been running for a couple of
> months now and seems to work well. If any new channel comes along, it
> will automatically provide data for it once I have it set up in
> MythTV, before the downloaded data catches up with the change.
>
> I have also added a section to the end of my EPG collection code after
> it runs mythfilldatabase, where it runs some SQL on the database, then
> runs mythutil --resched. That allows me to add in SQL to change
> things that need fixing, like a problem with the title for Cleverman
> where they had extra things on the end of it so it did not match a
> standard recording rule set up on the first episode:
>
> update program set title='Cleverman' where title like 'Cleverman %';

Regards
Scott Newton

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
Or more correctly - no data from Saturday onwards. Download the
freeview.xml.gz file manully and had a look and there is no data for Duke in
there.

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On 6 October 2016 at 22:22, Scott Newton <scottn@quantumchaos451.co.nz> wrote:
> Also noticed that there is no data for Duke for today following. That is more
> of a concern as there are some programs on Duke I do record.
>
> Thanks

I agree. It is very concerning that there are some programes on Duke
you do record. I suggest professional help ;)

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On 06/10/16 22:22, Scott Newton wrote:
> Also noticed that there is no data for Duke for today following. That is more
> of a concern as there are some programs on Duke I do record.
I have no data for TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2 plus 1 from Sunday 11:30 pm

and TVNZ 1 plus 1 from 11:30 am Tuesday

or Duke from 11:15 pm Sunday

(And in defence of Duke they had extensive coverage of the paralympics
which I loved.)

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 23:09:29 +1300, you wrote:

>On 06/10/16 22:22, Scott Newton wrote:
>> Also noticed that there is no data for Duke for today following. That is more
>> of a concern as there are some programs on Duke I do record.
>I have no data for TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2 plus 1 from Sunday 11:30 pm
>
>and TVNZ 1 plus 1 from 11:30 am Tuesday
>
>or Duke from 11:15 pm Sunday
>
>(And in defence of Duke they had extensive coverage of the paralympics
>which I loved.)

I am guessing that this will have been caused by the EPG being updated
to the new names for those channels. If so, then the +1 channels
should have the same problem - I have not checked to see if that is
so.

I can see in today's mhegepgsnoop run on my MythTV box that the new
names are now present there, and the old names are gone. On the day
the name change happened, only the old names were there, and in
yesterday's log I can see both names there for some TVNZ channels. So
it looks like TVNZ had queued up MHEG5 EPG data for this week as usual
before the name change, but forgot to flush all the data already
loaded under the old names and force it to reload under the new names.
As new data has been queued up each day, it has been under the new
names. Today, all the old data has run out, or they found the problem
and fixed it. So the script that is collecting the MHEG5 EPG data to
create the downloads needs to be updated to use the new names. I have
adjusted my mhegpgsnoop channel map file accordingly. This is for
Wharite - there are some different channels in other regions:

Fashion TV New Zealand fashiontv.freeviewnz.tv
Firstlight firstlight.freeviewnz.tv
ChoiceTV choice.freeviewnz.tv
Al Jazeera aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv
ChineseTV8 chinese-tv8.freeviewnz.tv
BaseFM basefm.freeviewnz.tv
Bravo bravo.freeviewnz.tv
PRIME prime.freeviewnz.tv
YesShop yes-shop.freeviewnz.tv
Te Reo te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
TV3 Plus 1 tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
TV33 tv33.freeviewnz.tv
HGTV hgtv.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ DUKE duke.freeviewnz.tv
TV29 tv29.freeviewnz.tv
RadioNZ National rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
RadioNZ Concert rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
Parliament TV parliament.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 2 tv2.freeviewnz.tv
TV3 tv3.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 2 +1 tv2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 1 +1 tv1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
The Edge TV edge-tv.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 1 tv1.freeviewnz.tv
Bravo Plus 1 bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
The Shopping Channel shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv
Hope Channel hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv
Ma?ori Television maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
Apna Television apna.freeviewnz.tv
Shine TV shine.freeviewnz.tv
TVSN tvsn-shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv

Note that I had to start using a manual channel map with mhegepgsnoop
after Fashion TV came along, as it was fuzzy matching to Shine TV
before Shine TV was matched, so neither of those channels got the
right EPG. I think it would be a useful option for mhegepgsnoop to be
able to use the channel map file to do manual matches for problematic
channels, then to go on and do fuzzy matches on the rest. At the
moment, once you specify a channel map file, no fuzzy matching is done
and all the channels need to be manually put in the channel map file.

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 23:09:29 +1300, you wrote:
>
>> On 06/10/16 22:22, Scott Newton wrote:
>>> Also noticed that there is no data for Duke for today following. That is more
>>> of a concern as there are some programs on Duke I do record.
>> I have no data for TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2 plus 1 from Sunday 11:30 pm
>>
>> and TVNZ 1 plus 1 from 11:30 am Tuesday
>>
>> or Duke from 11:15 pm Sunday
>>
>> (And in defence of Duke they had extensive coverage of the paralympics
>> which I loved.)
My Freeview.xmltv file has already been updated.
On MythTV the xmltvid, callsign and name are all showing the new names too.

I also did a channel scan after my changes so I believed there must be
another reason for the problem.

I just did wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
and checked the file and found that there is no data for the problem
channels.

Where do we go from here?

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On 7 October 2016 at 07:06, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> I just did wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
> and checked the file and found that there is no data for the problem
> channels.
>
> Where do we go from here?

You can call me impatient if you like but I do not know what to do next.
Surely I cannot be the only one worried about epg data running out.

--
Robert Fisher
Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On 7 October 2016 at 11:49, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> Surely I cannot be the only one worried about epg data running out.
>
> (Embarrased - I should have checked before my last email)
It seems to be fixed now for all of the channels I use.
Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On 7 October 2016 at 11:49, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> On 7 October 2016 at 07:06, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>

>> I just did wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>> and checked the file and found that there is no data for the problem
>> channels.
>>
>> Where do we go from here?
>>

> You can call me impatient if you like but I do not know what to do next.
> Surely I cannot be the only one worried about epg data running out.

You could use the EIT data for the missing channels.

Cheers
Bruce
Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 12:50:06 +1300, you wrote:

>On 7 October 2016 at 11:49, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>

>> On 7 October 2016 at 07:06, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>>

>>> I just did wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>>> and checked the file and found that there is no data for the problem
>>> channels.
>>>
>>> Where do we go from here?
>>>

>> You can call me impatient if you like but I do not know what to do next.
>> Surely I cannot be the only one worried about epg data running out.
>>

>You could use the EIT data for the missing channels.
>
>Cheers
>Bruce

Or use mhegepgsnoop.