internet (as opposed to ?DSL)?

Is it IPTV or is it DVB-C?

Is the Freeview encrypted?

Re: Vodafone Cable TV [ In reply to ]
Nick Rout wrote, On 03/03/14 15:11:
> Does anyone know how Vodafone TV works when it is delivered over cable internet (as opposed to ?DSL)?
>
> Is it IPTV or is it DVB-C?
>
> Is the Freeview encrypted?

I always thought it was DVB-C, and there are no unencrypted
transmissions. You need a TCL STB with a CAM card to decode them. Plus
your cable link may have been terminated if you're not a current paying
customer.
But that was years ago and things may have changed.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: Vodafone Cable TV [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Criggie <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote, On 03/03/14 15:11:
>> Does anyone know how Vodafone TV works when it is delivered over cable internet (as opposed to ?DSL)?
>>
>> Is it IPTV or is it DVB-C?
>>
>> Is the Freeview encrypted?
>>

> I always thought it was DVB-C, and there are no unencrypted
> transmissions. You need a TCL STB with a CAM card to decode them. Plus
> your cable link may have been terminated if you're not a current paying
> customer.
> But that was years ago and things may have changed.

My cable link is active, its what I am using now to send this email!

I just wondered because they seem to offer TV over both UFB and cable,
and I thought they must have gone IPTV.

Seems wrong to encrypt Freeview, although I appreciate that they will
be encrypting their Sky transmissions.

Re: Vodafone Cable TV [ In reply to ]
There was a small period of time when Telstraclear/Saturn were transmitting
RF along side the encrypted stream. With the right filter you were able to
effectively use the Cable Co-ax as a Terrestrial Attenna. Last time I
checked there was just the weather update channel nowdays (circa 18 months
ago).

-Joel