Mailing List Archive

Prime move
OK I'll admit I'm slow to notice, but prime seems to be moving on
freeview DVB-S

So is my reading correct... we satellite users have to add a third DVB
transponder, at

Frequency 12707000 kHz
Symbol Rate 22500000
Inversion Auto
FEC 3/4
Polarity Horizontal

This is a Sky transponder but its carrying three non-encrypted channels.

Then add another channel using a channel number of
1056 for Prime South Island
1055 for Prime Lower North Island
1018 for Prime Upper North Island

Then run mythfilldatabase to populate channels.

However that doesn't wor, I can't see 1056 in anything, and trying to
watch it shows "recorder failed"
Everything else works, (channels etc) what have I missed?

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: Prime move [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:38:24 +1300, you wrote:

>OK I'll admit I'm slow to notice, but prime seems to be moving on
>freeview DVB-S
>
>So is my reading correct... we satellite users have to add a third DVB
>transponder, at
>
>Frequency 12707000 kHz
>Symbol Rate 22500000
>Inversion Auto
>FEC 3/4
>Polarity Horizontal
>
>This is a Sky transponder but its carrying three non-encrypted channels.
>
>Then add another channel using a channel number of
>1056 for Prime South Island
>1055 for Prime Lower North Island
>1018 for Prime Upper North Island
>
>Then run mythfilldatabase to populate channels.
>
>However that doesn't wor, I can't see 1056 in anything, and trying to
>watch it shows "recorder failed"
>Everything else works, (channels etc) what have I missed?

From a database point of view, you need to have added a new entry in
the dtv_multiplex table for the Sky transponder on 12707000 kHz. Here
is mine:

mysql> select * from dtv_multiplex where frequency=12707000\G
mplexid: 16
sourceid: 4
transportid: 11
networkid: 169
frequency: 12707000
inversion: a
symbolrate: 22500000
fec: 3/4
polarity: h
modulation: qpsk
bandwidth: a
lp_code_rate: auto
transmission_mode: a
guard_interval: auto
visible: 0
constellation: auto
hierarchy: a
hp_code_rate: auto
mod_sys: DVB-S
rolloff: NULL
sistandard: dvb
serviceversion: 9
updatetimestamp: 2013-05-12 20:00:53
default_authority:
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Of course, yours will have a different sourceid and mplexid.

And you will need the new channel in the channels table:

mysql> select * from channel where channum=95\G
chanid: 3095
channum: 95
freqid: NULL
sourceid: 3
callsign: PRIME SI
name: PRIME SI
icon: /home/stephen/.mythtv/channels/prime.jpg
finetune: 0
videofilters:
xmltvid: prime.freeviewnz.tv
recpriority: -5
contrast: 32768
brightness: 32768
colour: 32768
hue: 32768
tvformat: Default
visible: 1
outputfilters:
useonairguide: 0
mplexid: 16
serviceid: 1056
tmoffset: 0
atsc_major_chan: 0
atsc_minor_chan: 0
last_record: 2013-11-13 02:05:44
default_authority: crid://prime.co.nz
commmethod: -1
iptvid: NULL
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Again, you will have different sourceid, chanid and channum values
(and icon, callsign, name, recpriority, ...) from me and your mplexid
must match the mplexid for your dtv_multiplex entry.

I hope that will give you something to compare against to see what is
wrong.