Hopefully someone else can take up the task of dumping this from DVB-S,
as I see a reasonable number of hits on the data.

Thanks :)

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Systems Architect
Catalyst IT Limited
+64-4-8032233 +64-21-402260
Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
David Zanetti wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Alas, due to relocations of both myself and the server currently
> performing the EPG dumps, I will be unable to continue to supply EPG
> data.
>
> The EPG data will stop updating on November 1, about two weeks from now.
>
> Hopefully someone else can take up the task of dumping this from DVB-S,
> as I see a reasonable number of hits on the data.
>
> Thanks :)

I'd put mine back in a flash if I could be sure I wasn't going to get
taken to court.

:D

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 14:09 +1300, Drew wrote:
> David Zanetti wrote:
> > Alas, due to relocations of both myself and the server currently
> > performing the EPG dumps, I will be unable to continue to supply EPG
> > data.
>
> I'd put mine back in a flash if I could be sure I wasn't going to get
> taken to court.

Oh, and to remove any doubt, no I haven't recieved any threats about it,
it's purely that I no longer will have access to a sat feed to dump
from. :)

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 13:31, David Zanetti wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Alas, due to relocations of both myself and the server currently
> performing the EPG dumps, I will be unable to continue to supply EPG
> data.
>
> The EPG data will stop updating on November 1, about two weeks from now.

Thanks for your efforts running it while you did, mine is one of the hits you
see.

I ordered a couple of SkyStar2 cards a couple of weeks back so they can't be
too far away now :)

Cheers,

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
Quoting David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>:

> Oh, and to remove any doubt, no I haven't recieved any threats about it,
> it's purely that I no longer will have access to a sat feed to dump
> from. :)

Would you be OK to keep the site up if someone else (possibly me even)
uploaded the data everyday? That would save a lot of reconfiguration across
the country :-)

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
Drew wrote:
> David Zanetti wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Alas, due to relocations of both myself and the server currently
>> performing the EPG dumps, I will be unable to continue to supply EPG
>> data.
>>
>> The EPG data will stop updating on November 1, about two weeks from now.
>>
>> Hopefully someone else can take up the task of dumping this from DVB-S,
>> as I see a reasonable number of hits on the data.
>>
>> Thanks :)
>>

> I'd put mine back in a flash if I could be sure I wasn't going to get
> taken to court.

I'm sure between us we could find somewhere for it to live.

Steve

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
Thanks David for having provided this service in the past. It has been
very useful, since I don't have a DVB card.

If anyone takes it over, please announce to the list so I can reconfigure.

Mike

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
>Hi all.
>
>Alas, due to relocations of both myself and the server currently
>performing the EPG dumps, I will be unable to continue to supply EPG
>data.
>
>The EPG data will stop updating on November 1, about two weeks from now.
>
>Hopefully someone else can take up the task of dumping this from DVB-S,
>as I see a reasonable number of hits on the data.
>
>Thanks :)

If someone would like to give it a try, there's a feed at

http://epg.hotblack.co.nz/

I haven't used David's guide since before christmas (Thanks David for
b4 then) so I'm not certain if there is going to be a difference.

- Wade

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
Quoting Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>:

> It only seems to have four channels on it:

Actually it seems to have data for all the channels, but only has those four
defined up front. Disclaimer: I haven't actually checked that all the channels
are there :-)

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
On 10/18/2006, "Wade Maxfield" <mythtvnz@hotblack.co.nz> wrote:

>>Hi all.

>>Alas, due to relocations of both myself and the server currently

>>performing the EPG dumps, I will be unable to continue to supply EPG

>>data.

>>The EPG data will stop updating on November 1, about two weeks from now.

>>Hopefully someone else can take up the task of dumping this from DVB-S,

>>as I see a reasonable number of hits on the data.

>>Thanks :)

>If someone would like to give it a try, there's a feed at

>http://epg.hotblack.co.nz/

>I haven't used David's guide since before christmas (Thanks David for

>b4 then) so I'm not certain if there is going to be a difference.

It only seems to have four channels on it:

nick@www ~/xmltv $ zgrep -A2 "<channel id=" listings.xml.gz

<channel id="0.dvb.guide">

<display-name>station name</display-name>

</channel>

<channel id="265.dvb.guide">

<display-name>NASA TV</display-name>

</channel>

<channel id="1035.dvb.guide">

<display-name>TV One</display-name>

</channel>

<channel id="1036.dvb.guide">

<display-name>TV 2</display-name>

</channel>

<channel id="257.dvb.guide">

<display-name>TVNZ WIDE</display-name>

</channel>

I seek all of sky's channels, like hairy did.

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
Nick Rout wrote:

> It only seems to have four channels on it:
>

> nick@www ~/xmltv $ zgrep -A2 "<channel id=" listings.xml.gz
>
> <channel id="0.dvb.guide">
>
> <display-name>station name</display-name>
>
> </channel>
>
> <channel id="265.dvb.guide">
>
> <display-name>NASA TV</display-name>
>
> </channel>
>
> <channel id="1035.dvb.guide">
>
> <display-name>TV One</display-name>
>
> </channel>
>
> <channel id="1036.dvb.guide">
>
> <display-name>TV 2</display-name>
>
> </channel>
>
> <channel id="257.dvb.guide">
>
> <display-name>TVNZ WIDE</display-name>
>
> </channel>
>
> I seek all of sky's channels, like hairy did.

The channels are there. It is just the initial ID portion that is missing.

Steve

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> Quoting Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>:
>

>> It only seems to have four channels on it:
>>

> Actually it seems to have data for all the channels, but only has those
> four
> defined up front. Disclaimer: I haven't actually checked that all the
> channels
> are there :-)

tv_split --output %channel.xml < ../epg/hotblack.xml

ls *.xml | wc

Gives me 106 channels, the same as hairy, some of which have very little
data.

grep \<channel hairy.xml | wc

Gives me 145 channels some of which don't have EPG data.

Steve

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
On 10/18/2006, "Nick & Ann Read" <nick.read@engineer.com> wrote:

>Quoting Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>:

>> It only seems to have four channels on it:

>Actually it seems to have data for all the channels, but only has those four

>defined up front. Disclaimer: I haven't actually checked that all the channe
ls

>are there :-)

Ahh yes, closer inspection reveals you are correct (again i haven't

checked every channel).

David "Hairy" - I believe your data is massaged and not straight from

the standard tv_grab_dvb. Can you give me a run down on exactly how you

produce your feed? (on or offlist is fine)

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
>Quoting Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>:
>

>>It only seems to have four channels on it:
>>

>Actually it seems to have data for all the channels, but only has those four
>defined up front. Disclaimer: I haven't actually checked that all the channels
>are there :-)

I don't know if ALL the channels are there, but it does have Sky data
for Movies, Sport, Discovery, History, etc., inc the new MTV and
Disney Playhouse.

I believe the definitions at the start of the file come from the
.szap/channels.conf. And I don't know if they have any real effect
for what I'm using it for. If they do and someone has a more
complete channels.conf, I'm happy to give it a go...

- Wade

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
On 10/18/06, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
> David "Hairy" - I believe your data is massaged and not straight from
> the standard tv_grab_dvb. Can you give me a run down on exactly how you
> produce your feed? (on or offlist is fine)

The http://hairy.geek.nz/epg/latest_beta.xml.gz feed is from a version
of tv_grab_dvb that I modified to output category information. I've
since added output of Sky's parental ratings data too. Let me know if
you want a copy.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
>>Quoting Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>:
>>

>>>It only seems to have four channels on it:
>>>

>>Actually it seems to have data for all the channels, but only has those
>> four
>>defined up front. Disclaimer: I haven't actually checked that all the
>> channels
>>are there :-)
>>

> I don't know if ALL the channels are there, but it does have Sky data
> for Movies, Sport, Discovery, History, etc., inc the new MTV and
> Disney Playhouse.
>
> I believe the definitions at the start of the file come from the
> .szap/channels.conf. And I don't know if they have any real effect
> for what I'm using it for. If they do and someone has a more
> complete channels.conf, I'm happy to give it a go...
>
> - Wade

The attached script takes the raw feed and massages it into your favourite
xmltv tag version as well as putting a header on it. I don't have names
for the following channels though...

1059.dvb.guide
1061.dvb.guide
1062.dvb.guide
1063.dvb.guide
1064.dvb.guide
1065.dvb.guide
1066.dvb.guide
1067.dvb.guide
1068.dvb.guide
1069.dvb.guide
1070.dvb.guide
1071.dvb.guide
1072.dvb.guide
1073.dvb.guide
1074.dvb.guide
1076.dvb.guide
1077.dvb.guide
1078.dvb.guide
1079.dvb.guide
1087.dvb.guide
1088.dvb.guide
1089.dvb.guide
1100.dvb.guide
1101.dvb.guide
1102.dvb.guide
1103.dvb.guide
1104.dvb.guide
1105.dvb.guide
1107.dvb.guide
1120.dvb.guide
1121.dvb.guide
1122.dvb.guide
1123.dvb.guide
1124.dvb.guide
1125.dvb.guide
1126.dvb.guide
1127.dvb.guide
1128.dvb.guide
1129.dvb.guide
1130.dvb.guide
1131.dvb.guide
1132.dvb.guide
1133.dvb.guide
1191.dvb.guide
1197.dvb.guide
1500.dvb.guide
1911.dvb.guide

The table scructure in the script should be easy enough to correct this if
anyone knows what the magic numbers are...

--
Robin Gilks
Re: EOL of hairy.geek.nz EPG feed [ In reply to ]
> The attached script takes the raw feed and massages it into your favourite
> xmltv tag version as well as putting a header on it. I don't have names
> for the following channels though...

A new version!

This time to add icons from lyngsat into the header.

--
Robin Gilks