Using an old iHug Card for DVB-S
Hi all,

Before I spend too much time trying to get the impossible working, I thought that I would see if anybody has already done it.

I have got my hands on a old iHug Ultra Sat card, and was wondering if anybody had already had any success in getting one of these working with Myth? It's a Global Telemann System DTP1110C Rev 1.1

If it dosent work, whats the going price of Sky Star 2 cards these days?

Cheers

Neil

(I don't know how I will ever live without mythtv)

Re: Using an old iHug Card for DVB-S [ In reply to ]
If that is the card I think it is then it is completely useless for
anything, and I do mean anything. (Full length card, with card reader on
board?)

The transmission encoding that is used by that card is no longer used by
any satellite in our region and probably the world.

:D

Re: Using an old iHug Card for DVB-S [ In reply to ]
Hi Drew,

It's not a full length card, just a bit longer than the PCI bus. It also does not
have a card reader on it, just the tuner and a few interface chips . Looking at telemann.com,
it appears to be the SM200DTP here http://www.telemann.com/lounge/download/sm200dtp.asp
I'll have a go at seeing if it works, but wont be able to do to much at the moment,
but will let you know if I can get it going.

Neil

Drew wrote ..

Re: Using an old iHug Card for DVB-S [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/06, Neil Henwood <henwood@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> It's not a full length card, just a bit longer than the PCI bus. It also does not
> have a card reader on it, just the tuner and a few interface chips . Looking at telemann.com,
> it appears to be the SM200DTP here http://www.telemann.com/lounge/download/sm200dtp.asp
> I'll have a go at seeing if it works, but wont be able to do to much at the moment,
> but will let you know if I can get it going.

You could be in luck if it is indeed one of these:
http://www.telemann.com/products/SkyMedia200.html

Steve

Re: Using an old iHug Card for DVB-S [ In reply to ]
If it's the SM200 then your kinda in luck.

I know you can under windows use the SM300 drivers with progdvb to drive
the SM200, I'm not sure of the status of the card under linux though.

:D

Re: Using an old iHug Card for DVB-S [ In reply to ]
Well that gives me some hope. It's not the same as that one, it appears to be the sm200DTP. I'll look into getting that working later. I have a UPS to configure before that. But onto my next question/post....

Steve Hodge wrote ..