Mailing List Archive

EPG stuff (was Re: Re: DVB issues)
On Thursday 28 September 2006 16:54, Steven Ellis wrote:

> >> When you've got it in a functional state, post a URL or flick me a copy,
> >> and I'll switch hairy.geek.nz's EPG feed to it.
> >
> > I've finally got around to getting something working reasonably well -
> > I've modified tv_grab_dvb to decode the content categories using a
> > text map file. I've even had a quick go at figuring out Sky's
> > non-standard categories. I'll email you a copy directly. If anyone
> > else is interested let me know.
>
> I'm very interested :) It will be interesting to see how well this works
> on the DVB-T network once they actually turn on the EIT support.

As an aside, I was at a Linksys product meeting today and the announced a PVR
with basic time shifting etc.

The interesting thing (to me) was that it does EPG, I asked the Linksys guy
where it's getting it's guide data from and they apparently have contracted
an external company to compile EPG data for them.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier