"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth
"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mercva

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
Alan

I've just finally this morning got B1, C1 and B3 all tuned in radio too...

Basically;

Stop mythbackend
goto mythtv-setup
doublecheck your capture cards
... now this is where I was going wrong ...
if you've more than one LNB on a diseqc switch make up a video source for each
LNB, if only one call it OptusB1 cause later you'll need OptusD1 too.
... doing it that way works ...
in your input connections make each diseqc input point to their sattelites or
just the one depending on your setup
in the next screen you'll have "scan for channels" make surevideo source and
DVB options are correct and then goto the scan and try a full scan tunned on
the following;
freq - 12519000 polarity - verticle symbol rate - 22500000 auto and auto
you should be sweet, any added channels will be visible by dafault. make sure
on each step you finish as you back out cause escaping will lose any changes
now. Exit setup and restart the backend. Goto TV and goto channel 1101 for
the national radio...

Probably a bit more than you wanted...

Regards
Tim

On Sunday 24 September 2006 11:42, AlanP wrote:
> According to Lyngsat, B1 also broadcasts several radio stations, beamed
> towards New Zealand. Stuff like National Radio, Concert FM, etc.
>
> How do I get Myth to pick these up from my Skystar2s?
>
> --
> Alan Podjursky ICQ 24423014
> "Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth
> "When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson
> http://www.fanfiction.net/~mercva

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
On 9/24/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> I've just finally this morning got B1, C1 and B3 all tuned in radio too...

So, what are using to get C1 and B3?

Steve

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
Same dish 3LNB plate and a diseqc switch...

Just had to make sure OptusC1 and OptusB3 had their own video source and the
rest was just scanning etc.

Tim

On Sunday 24 September 2006 12:18, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 9/24/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> > I've just finally this morning got B1, C1 and B3 all tuned in radio
> > too...
>
> So, what are using to get C1 and B3?
>
> Steve

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
At 01:09 p.m. 24/09/2006, you wrote:
>Same dish 3LNB plate and a diseqc switch...
>Just had to make sure OptusC1 and OptusB3 had their own video source and the
>rest was just scanning etc.

What channels come over C1 and B3? This sounds interesting.

Also, only just occured to me -- this radio scan, does this work with .19?

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
>Also, only just occured to me -- this radio scan, does this work with .19?

No - at least, the scan finds them but you can't use them. That requires .20
(it was a new feature).

Nick

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
AlanP wrote:

> What channels come over C1 and B3? This sounds interesting.

http://www.satcodx5.com/1560/eng/ (Optus C1)
http://www.satcodx5.com/1520/eng/ (Optus B3)

If it has a H in the left column then your not going to see it without a
very big dish, we only see V stuff here in NZ.

:D

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
Yea not much off C1 but lot's off B3... still tyding up the channel listing
takes time with this many channels.

Don't like the new way myth 0.20 scans frequencys, one transponder at a time
and only the one you type in... 0.19 scanned all transponders once it had a
lock on the satellite and you gave it just one valid frequency.

Tim

On Sunday 24 September 2006 16:33, Drew wrote:
> AlanP wrote:
> > What channels come over C1 and B3? This sounds interesting.
>
> http://www.satcodx5.com/1560/eng/ (Optus C1)
> http://www.satcodx5.com/1520/eng/ (Optus B3)
>
> If it has a H in the left column then your not going to see it without a
> very big dish, we only see V stuff here in NZ.
>
> :D

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
At 05:57 p.m. 24/09/2006, you wrote:
>Yea not much off C1 but lot's off B3... still tyding up the channel listing
>takes time with this many channels.

How long does it take? With B1 on, say, 12671 it only takes a second for
stuff to start listing while B3 (same LNB and dish as for B1) nothing
happens after 5 seconds or more. Can standard Sky satellite dishes pick up
156 and 152 stuff as well as 160E? Do the B3 and C1 channels carry EIT info
on their shows?

Yes, I'm an utter DVB-S n00b. Sorry.

>Don't like the new way myth 0.20 scans frequencys, one transponder at a time
>and only the one you type in... 0.19 scanned all transponders once it had a
>lock on the satellite and you gave it just one valid frequency.

I'm increasingly glad I'm holding off on .20. Any word on KnoppMyth's
incorporation of .20?

And as a completely OT note, the Maori channel has some good material on it
for non-Maori speakers from time to time. The family enjoyed watching a
doco on Ratana, for example. We never would have looked at it on Sky, lost
as it is in CH30 territory with stuff we don't get.

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
AlanP wrote:
> At 05:57 p.m. 24/09/2006, you wrote:
>> Yea not much off C1 but lot's off B3... still tyding up the channel
>> listing
>> takes time with this many channels.
>
> How long does it take? With B1 on, say, 12671 it only takes a second for
> stuff to start listing while B3 (same LNB and dish as for B1) nothing
> happens after 5 seconds or more. Can standard Sky satellite dishes pick
> up 156 and 152 stuff as well as 160E? Do the B3 and C1 channels carry
> EIT info on their shows?

To get other sats you either need to move the dish (motor), have extra
dishes, or mount extra lnb's (the bit the points back at the dish) onto
your existing dishes (This works ok but there is some signal loss so
rain fade can be a problem).

HTH,

:D

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 24 September 2006 18:41, AlanP wrote:
> At 05:57 p.m. 24/09/2006, you wrote:
> >Yea not much off C1 but lot's off B3... still tyding up the channel
> > listing takes time with this many channels.
>
> How long does it take? With B1 on, say, 12671 it only takes a second for
> stuff to start listing while B3 (same LNB and dish as for B1) nothing
> happens after 5 seconds or more. Can standard Sky satellite dishes pick up
> 156 and 152 stuff as well as 160E? Do the B3 and C1 channels carry EIT info
> on their shows?
Umm you can't get B1 and B3 off the same LNB. If you want C1 and or B3 you
can't use the Sky dish as it's pointing to B1. Mine is pointing to C1 with
the LNB's for B3 and B1 to the right and left of C1. Not many of the other
Free To Air channels have EIT data other than their channel name. One
problem I found was two different transponders having different channels but
having the same SID, this confuses myth somewhat so I'm renumbering them...

> Yes, I'm an utter DVB-S n00b. Sorry.
>
> >Don't like the new way myth 0.20 scans frequencys, one transponder at a
> > time and only the one you type in... 0.19 scanned all transponders once
> > it had a lock on the satellite and you gave it just one valid frequency.
>
> I'm increasingly glad I'm holding off on .20. Any word on KnoppMyth's
> incorporation of .20?
I'm running Gentoo and yesterday done the upgrade and all's well so far,
although I have not rebooted my machine yet...

> And as a completely OT note, the Maori channel has some good material on it
> for non-Maori speakers from time to time. The family enjoyed watching a
> doco on Ratana, for example. We never would have looked at it on Sky, lost
> as it is in CH30 territory with stuff we don't get.
Yes wathced a few programs off Maori TV and some of the docu's off DWTV are
great too.

Re: DVB-S Radio [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 19:17 +1200, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 18:41, AlanP wrote:
> > How long does it take? With B1 on, say, 12671 it only takes a second for
> > stuff to start listing while B3 (same LNB and dish as for B1) nothing
> > happens after 5 seconds or more. Can standard Sky satellite dishes pick up
> > 156 and 152 stuff as well as 160E? Do the B3 and C1 channels carry EIT info
> > on their shows?
> Umm you can't get B1 and B3 off the same LNB. If you want C1 and or B3 you
> can't use the Sky dish as it's pointing to B1.

You can get C1 with a Sky dish, and if you've got one of the newer LNBs
they are using, it's just a case of configuring a tone switch, as that's
how they're switching between the horn pointed at 160E and the offset
one for 156E.

> > And as a completely OT note, the Maori channel has some good material on it
> > for non-Maori speakers from time to time. The family enjoyed watching a
> > doco on Ratana, for example. We never would have looked at it on Sky, lost
> > as it is in CH30 territory with stuff we don't get.
> Yes wathced a few programs off Maori TV and some of the docu's off DWTV are
> great too.

I have noticed Maori TV appears to be the only EIT source on B1 that has
decent catagory information. Neither TVNZ nor Sky appear to use standard
stuff :|

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Systems Architect