Mailing List Archive

XBMC as a myth frontend
Hi guys... ive been using mythtv for close to 2 years now.. however
generally i use it as a video recorder.. the PC wasnt successful next to the
pc.. so i generally recorded shows i wasnt able to watch using mythweb then
watched them on my laptop at a later date.. however ive recently been using
2 xbox media centres to watch shows on either of my tvs from the shared
backed server just by using samba shares of the recording directory.. i just
leave them as mpeg2 streams from my PVR500 card..

However last night i came across this program for xbmc
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv/
<BLOCKED::http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv/>

and thought some others in here may be interested also.. ive used it for
about 5 minutes last night.. and had problems with getting things playing
off the shares.. but realised i probably have the wrong password in there..

Anyway - I highly recommend xbmc as a media frontend, it just seems more
polished than the mythtv frontend in my experience and with this it appears
my mythbackend will be used even more.