Its gonna screw up all my scheduled recording :-(

--
Robin Gilks

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Robin Gilks wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this and any idea how long its been the case? (save
> me checking thru my recording of UKTV for the last few days). Prime is now
> on 4, UKTV is now on 6.
>
> Its gonna screw up all my scheduled recording :-(

Yeah a real pain. Just noticed it at the weekend when doing a new install
and the customer pointed it out. Not noticed anything from SkyTV about
changing them.

Has anyone seen any other recent changes to the channels?

Steve

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:43:43 +1200 (NZST)
"Robin Gilks" <g8ecj@gilks.org> wrote:

> Has anyone else seen this and any idea how long its been the case? (save
> me checking thru my recording of UKTV for the last few days). Prime is now
> on 4, UKTV is now on 6.
>
> Its gonna screw up all my scheduled recording :-(

I hadn't noticed until now, but you are right.

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 12 September 2006 17:43, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this and any idea how long its been the case?

I did think something was odd but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. This
was when I was watching Top Gear so it's been like that since at least
Sunday.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP Supplier

RE: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
TelstraClear changed at the same time - Sunday Night @ Midnight.

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On 9/12/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj@gilks.org> wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this and any idea how long its been the case? (save
> me checking thru my recording of UKTV for the last few days). Prime is now
> on 4, UKTV is now on 6.
>
> Its gonna screw up all my scheduled recording :-(

Yep, just noticed this myself yesterday. I've got stuff recorded
correctly from the 3rd, so it happened after that.

Steve

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On 12/09/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Yeah a real pain. Just noticed it at the weekend when doing a new install
> and the customer pointed it out. Not noticed anything from SkyTV about
> changing them.
>
> Has anyone seen any other recent changes to the channels?

It caught me by surprise too. However, it was advertised in this
months SkyWatch. Doesn't help if - like me - you don't read their
propaganda magazine. The change occured on September 4th. I'm
surprised their weren't any on air announcements of the channel.

-- simon

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
It's permanent and it was announced.

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Drew wrote:
> It's permanent and it was announced.
>
> Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Has anyone else seen this and any idea how long its been the case? (save
>> me checking thru my recording of UKTV for the last few days). Prime
>> is now
>> on 4, UKTV is now on 6.
Was it announced anywhere other than in their own magazine?

Steve

--
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On 9/12/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Drew wrote:
> > It's permanent and it was announced.
>
> Was it announced anywhere other than in their own magazine?

Yes, I'd love to know if there is a official source for this sort of
thing other than SkyWatch. I cancelled my subscription to that a long
time ago...

Steve

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Steven Ellis wrote:
> Was it announced anywhere other than in their own magazine?

No idea, I don't get their magazine, I don't have Sky. (Far more
interesting things to watch off Satellites than Sky, and it's all free!

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On 12/09/06, Steve Hodge <stevehodge@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'd love to know if there is a official source for this sort of
> thing other than SkyWatch. I cancelled my subscription to that a long
> time ago...

There were no one air promos (at least on Prime) for the change.
Nothing in Sky's Media Release section. Don't recall seeing anything
on Sky's or Prime's website. For something that clearly was planned
weeks in advance, there was very poor notification.

At least the booked programs still worked correctly.

-- simon

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Simon Green wrote:

> There were no one air promos (at least on Prime) for the change.
> Nothing in Sky's Media Release section. Don't recall seeing anything
> on Sky's or Prime's website. For something that clearly was planned
> weeks in advance, there was very poor notification.
>
> At least the booked programs still worked correctly.

There wasn't a lot of publicity, but I knew about it back in mid July
and I don't even have Sky. I got it from someone else, I don't know
where he found out.

:D

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Drew wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Was it announced anywhere other than in their own magazine?
>
> No idea, I don't get their magazine, I don't have Sky. (Far more
> interesting things to watch off Satellites than Sky, and it's all free!

Ok you originally said "It's permanent and it was announced. ". So go on
then enlighten us.. Where does your information come from?

Steve

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Drew wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Drew wrote:
>>> No idea, I don't get their magazine, I don't have Sky. (Far more
>>> interesting things to watch off Satellites than Sky, and it's all free!
>
>> Ok you originally said "It's permanent and it was announced. ". So go on
>> then enlighten us.. Where does your information come from?
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Drew wrote:
>
> > There wasn't a lot of publicity, but I knew about it back in mid July
> > and I don't even have Sky. I got it from someone else, I don't know
> > where he found out.
Thanks for that.

Steve

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Quoting Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz>:

> Has anyone seen any other recent changes to the channels?

They added MTV on 35...

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Duncan Kennington wrote:
> Quoting Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz>:
>
>> Has anyone seen any other recent changes to the channels?
>
> They added MTV on 35...

Atleast that one was well advertised :)

Steve
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales - sales@openmedia.co.nz
support - support@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz
phone - +64 21 321673

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
>>> Has anyone seen any other recent changes to the channels?
>>
>> They added MTV on 35...

My son was channel surfing the other day at 1630.

Got to MTV and found tits and bums all over the place including coverage of the
recent Auckland boobs on bikes. (I saw it too so he was not making it up)

Rob

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On 13/09/06, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> >> They added MTV on 35...
> >
> My son was channel surfing the other day at 1630.
>
> Got to MTV and found tits and bums all over the place including coverage of the
> recent Auckland boobs on bikes. (I saw it too so he was not making it up)

Sky Digital is not subject to the same restrictions as free-to-air and
Sky UHF channels. They can get away with things the other channels
can't. The reasoning behind this is because the Digital STB has a
parental control feature.

Have just noticed this from Sky's website: "Effective 4 September
UKTV will be found on channel 6 and Prime TV on channel 4. This
change is to keep all Free to Air channels together on our Digital
Platform.".

However, that doesn't explain why C4 (32) and Maori TV (33) are all on
their own. I'm surprised they didn't move Maori as it separates MTV
from the other music channels. But then MTV doesn't show much music
these days does it? ;-)

-- simon

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
Simon Green wrote:

>> My son was channel surfing the other day at 1630.
>>
>> Got to MTV and found tits and bums all over the place including coverage
>> of the
>> recent Auckland boobs on bikes. (I saw it too so he was not making it
>> up)
>
> Sky Digital is not subject to the same restrictions as free-to-air and
> Sky UHF channels. They can get away with things the other channels
> can't. The reasoning behind this is because the Digital STB has a
> parental control feature.
>
> Have just noticed this from Sky's website: "Effective 4 September
> UKTV will be found on channel 6 and Prime TV on channel 4. This
> change is to keep all Free to Air channels together on our Digital
> Platform.".

Can you bounce me the link

> However, that doesn't explain why C4 (32) and Maori TV (33) are all on
> their own. I'm surprised they didn't move Maori as it separates MTV
> from the other music channels. But then MTV doesn't show much music
> these days does it? ;-)

Yes it is a little confusing, perhaps they don't consider C4 FTA :)

Steve

Re: Sky channels swapped [ In reply to ]
On 13/09/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> > Have just noticed this from Sky's website: "Effective 4 September
> > UKTV will be found on channel 6 and Prime TV on channel 4. This
> > change is to keep all Free to Air channels together on our Digital
> > Platform.".
>
> Can you bounce me the link

http://skytv.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/skytv.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=365&p_created=1153193774&p_sid=*76vBuhi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1wcmltZSB1a3R2&p_li=&p_topview=1

If that rather complicated URI doesn't work, go to 'Online help' on
their home page, and type 'prime uktv' in the search field.

> > However, that doesn't explain why C4 (32) and Maori TV (33) are all on
> > their own. I'm surprised they didn't move Maori as it separates MTV
> > from the other music channels. But then MTV doesn't show much music
> > these days does it? ;-)
>
> Yes it is a little confusing, perhaps they don't consider C4 FTA :)

C4 and Maori have some of the better programming IMO.

-- simon