Mailing List Archive

Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono
Hi All,

I've been slowly getting my own Myth box up and running on a FC5 box for
a short while and need some help on getting Revens xmlTVNZ to work.

I can get it successfully working on a M$ XP box and have been able to
import its resulting xml file fine. (mythweb works so much better than
the Sky Guide ;)

Anyway when I try to run it, I get the following dump. If I dont have any
options (i.e. just run 'mono xmlTVNZ.exe' it runs fine, although not doing
anything, as expected.

Does anybody have any light to shed on this at all?

Cheers

Neil

[neil@henwood xmlTVNZ_2.4.0.7]$ mono xmlTVNZ.exe test.xml tv1

** (xmlTVNZ.exe:12580): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from
/home/neil/Desktop/xmlTVNZ_2.4.0.7/xmlTVNZ.exe could not be loaded:
Assembly: System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap (assemblyref_index=2)
Version: 1.0.5000.0
Public Key: b03f5f7f11d50a3a
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed
in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing
assembly (/home/neil/Desktop/xmlTVNZ_2.4.0.7/).

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

Stacktrace:

in xmlTVNZ.SkyTV:.ctor () <0xffffffff>
in xmlTVNZ.SkyTV:.ctor () <0x24>
in xmlTVNZ.xmlTVNZ:Main (string[]) <0x83>
in (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object:runtime_invoke_void_string[]
(object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x7916d87>

Native stacktrace:

mono(mono_handle_native_sigsegv+0xbb) [0x8153d0b]
mono [0x813e66f]
[0x907440]
mono(mono_assembly_load_reference+0x11e) [0x809fd6e]
mono(mono_class_from_typeref+0x164) [0x8089c44]
mono(mono_class_get+0xef) [0x809139f]
mono [0x809747c]
mono(mono_metadata_parse_type_full+0xf6) [0x8096606]
mono(mono_metadata_parse_mh_full+0x1f0) [0x8097a30]
mono(mono_method_get_header+0xa9) [0x80c0ae9]
mono [0x813ce14]
mono [0x813dc5e]
mono [0x813e0c2]
mono [0x813e25a]
mono(mono_compile_method+0x3a) [0x80d636a]
mono(mono_magic_trampoline+0x1a) [0x815519a]
[0x3f9032]
[0x828264]
[0x8277c3]
mono [0x813e520]
mono(mono_runtime_invoke+0x27) [0x80d7b67]
mono(mono_runtime_exec_main+0x5c) [0x80d8c9c]
mono(mono_runtime_run_main+0x171) [0x80d88c1]
mono(strftime+0x1ba2) [0x805c602]
mono(mono_main+0x857) [0x805cfe7]
mono(__fxstat64+0x12b) [0x805b9bb]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xdc) [0x93e724]
mono(sinh+0x41) [0x805b911]
Aborted
[neil@henwood xmlTVNZ_2.4.0.7]$
Re: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
On 11/08/2006, at 9:21 AM, Neil Henwood wrote:

> Anyway when I try to run it, I get the following dump. If I dont
> have any
> options (i.e. just run 'mono xmlTVNZ.exe' it runs fine, although
> not doing
> anything, as expected.
>
> Does anybody have any light to shed on this at all?

Make sure you have the mono-web package installed as this contains
the required libraries the error message is referencing.

David

Re: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:45:52 +1200
David Harrison wrote:

> On 11/08/2006, at 9:21 AM, Neil Henwood wrote:
>
> > Anyway when I try to run it, I get the following dump. If I dont
> > have any
> > options (i.e. just run 'mono xmlTVNZ.exe' it runs fine, although
> > not doing
> > anything, as expected.
> >
> > Does anybody have any light to shed on this at all?
>

> Make sure you have the mono-web package installed as this contains
> the required libraries the error message is referencing.
>

> David

As I understand it there is more than one implementation of mono. On
gentoo I have emerged the package simply called mono from
http://www.go-mono.com/ (its in portage). It works with xmlTVNZ.exe,
there is no package in portage called mono-web.

I looked on my knoppmyth installation and the package repository at
packages.debian.org for mono packages, but came away very confused.

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>

RE: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
> As I understand it there is more than one implementation of mono. On
> gentoo I have emerged the package simply called mono from
> http://www.go-mono.com/ (its in portage). It works with xmlTVNZ.exe,
> there is no package in portage called mono-web.
>
> I looked on my knoppmyth installation and the package repository at
> packages.debian.org for mono packages, but came away very confused.

Mono is an implementation of the .NET framework. There is only one of Mono.

It's not in Debian yet, so check out http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/ -
there are backports for Sarge at backports.org, but I assume knoppmyth comes
from unstable sources.

I believe Mono will be available in Etch; it is available in Ubuntu as well,
but that doesn't help you much with KnoppMyth.

Craig

Re: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
I've got mono running fine on my Knoppmyth box. I downloaded the Linux installer for x86 from the mono website (http://www.mono-project.com/Downloads"]http://www.mono-project.com/Downloads) and just installed it as user mythtv. I created a symlink to the mono binary in the /usr/bin dir for convenience. Haven't had any problems.

Craig Box wrote:
As I understand it there is more than one implementation of mono. On gentoo I have emerged the package simply called mono from http://www.go-mono.com/"]http://www.go-mono.com/ (its in portage). It works with xmlTVNZ.exe, there is no package in portage called mono-web. I looked on my knoppmyth installation and the package repository at packages.debian.org for mono packages, but came away very confused.
Mono is an implementation of the .NET framework. There is only one of Mono. It's not in Debian yet, so check out http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/"]http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/ - there are backports for Sarge at backports.org, but I assume knoppmyth comes from unstable sources. I believe Mono will be available in Etch; it is available in Ubuntu as well, but that doesn't help you much with KnoppMyth. Craig _______________________________________________ mythtvnz mailing list mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz"]http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/"]http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/

-- "While I thought that I was learning to live, I have been learning how to die." Leonardo DaVinci _______________________________________________ mythtvnz mailing list mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
Re: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:51:27 +1200
Craig Box wrote:

> > As I understand it there is more than one implementation of mono. On
> > gentoo I have emerged the package simply called mono from
> > http://www.go-mono.com/ (its in portage). It works with xmlTVNZ.exe,
> > there is no package in portage called mono-web.
> >
> > I looked on my knoppmyth installation and the package repository at
> > packages.debian.org for mono packages, but came away very confused.
>
> Mono is an implementation of the .NET framework. There is only one of Mono.

Thank you for the clarification. I think I was confused by the 2 gentoo
packages, mono from http://www.go-mono.com/ and monodevelop from
http://www.monodevelop.com/

> It's not in Debian yet, so check out http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/ -
> there are backports for Sarge at backports.org, but I assume knoppmyth comes
> from unstable sources.
>
> I believe Mono will be available in Etch; it is available in Ubuntu as well,
> but that doesn't help you much with KnoppMyth.

There are certainly mono packages in testing or unstable, but there were
a confusing number of things with "mono" in the name.

I think I will leave xmlTVNZ to run on my work gentoo server, which can
then serve a gzipped tv.xml file to my home myth box.

When i get around to it.

BTW I have hound that the tv3 flag to xmlTVNZ has crashed it in the
past, the solution was to use sky_tv3

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>

Re: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
> BTW I have hound that the tv3 flag to xmlTVNZ has crashed it in the
> past, the solution was to use sky_tv3

This has been fixed in the latest version of xmlTVNZ. I use the tv3 flag
with no problem (except at the moment as it seems that the tv3 site is
down alltogether).

Re: Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono [ In reply to ]
David Harrison wrote ..
> On 11/08/2006, at 9:21 AM, Neil Henwood wrote:
>
> > Anyway when I try to run it, I get the following dump. If I dont
> > have any
> > options (i.e. just run 'mono xmlTVNZ.exe' it runs fine, although
> > not doing
> > anything, as expected.
> >
> > Does anybody have any light to shed on this at all?
>

> Make sure you have the mono-web package installed as this contains
> the required libraries the error message is referencing.

Thanks for the pointer David. I downloaded the mono-web package, and after sorting out some dependancies, it is working like a charm as I type.

Off now to create a cron job to do it in the wee small hours of the morning.

Neil