sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards?
Has anyone got a NZ supplier for EPIA VIA fanless motherboards that have
TVout - such as the SP8000?

I'm trying to build a silent VIA system (no, I feel the standard fanned
EPIA m/b are noisy), and am having a cow of a time finding anyone who
brings in the SP8000. I've tried procase.co.nz, mini-itx.co.nz, no joy.

Thanks!

Jason

Re: sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:22, Jason Haar wrote:
> Has anyone got a NZ supplier for EPIA VIA fanless motherboards that have
> TVout - such as the SP8000?
>
> I'm trying to build a silent VIA system (no, I feel the standard fanned
> EPIA m/b are noisy), and am having a cow of a time finding anyone who
> brings in the SP8000. I've tried procase.co.nz, mini-itx.co.nz, no joy.

I'm all setup to bring in stuff from Lex[1], although I haven't yet as I don't
have the budget to hold a decent amount stock at the moment.

My main reason for partnering with them was for embedded PBX systems but they
have heaps of cool ITX boards and cases for AV use plus others with built-in
3-4 NICs for use as routers etc. The MV series of boards are the AV ones.

If there's anything that tickles your fancy then I can organise it for you.

hads

[1]http://www.lex.com.tw:8080/index1.php
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier

Re: sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards? [ In reply to ]
I saw procase.co.nz was advertising EPIA motherboards in the latest PC World. - haven't looked at the details yet.

There is also http://www.itx.co.nz - they may supply them - although I am not too sure about them, they never seem to be consistent about what they stock and how much they charge.

Re: sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards? [ In reply to ]
D'oh if I had read your message properly I would have seen you had tried procase already!

Re: sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards? [ In reply to ]
Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:22, Jason Haar wrote:
>
>> Has anyone got a NZ supplier for EPIA VIA fanless motherboards that have
>> TVout - such as the SP8000?
>>
>> I'm trying to build a silent VIA system (no, I feel the standard fanned
>> EPIA m/b are noisy), and am having a cow of a time finding anyone who
>> brings in the SP8000. I've tried procase.co.nz, mini-itx.co.nz, no joy.
>>

> If there's anything that tickles your fancy then I can organise it for you.

That's very kind of you - the MV823S1R10E (fanless Eden 1GHz) looks
quite good. However, I already have a case, and those motherboards
aren't VIA EPIA - they're 210x150 whereas my case is for a standard VIA
mini-ITX (170x170) m/b :-(

(long story. I've found all the bits I wanted via two different
suppliers, ordered, then the one with the m/b told me they were mistaken
and can't get the m/b I wanted. So now I have a case, RAM, disk - and no
motherboard :-(

eBay looks like my only option. I can't believe that there are so many
distributors of VIA m/b in NZ, and yet they all either won't bring in
the full range - or won't get me one as a "one-off". :-(

Re: sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 21 July 2006 12:56, Jason Haar wrote:
> That's very kind of you - the MV823S1R10E (fanless Eden 1GHz) looks
> quite good. However, I already have a case, and those motherboards
> aren't VIA EPIA - they're 210x150 whereas my case is for a standard VIA
> mini-ITX (170x170) m/b :-(

I think I must have looked at all the specs except the dimensions! I assumed
they were Mini-ITX (you know what they say about assumptions), I guess it
should have been fairly easy to pick up since the pictures show that the
motherboard isn't square!

> (long story. I've found all the bits I wanted via two different
> suppliers, ordered, then the one with the m/b told me they were mistaken
> and can't get the m/b I wanted. So now I have a case, RAM, disk - and no
> motherboard :-(

:(

> eBay looks like my only option. I can't believe that there are so many
> distributors of VIA m/b in NZ, and yet they all either won't bring in
> the full range - or won't get me one as a "one-off". :-(

I agree, it is annoying, and unfortunately it happens for a whole raft of
products.

Cheers,

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier

Re: sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:22, Jason Haar wrote:
> Has anyone got a NZ supplier for EPIA VIA fanless motherboards that have
> TVout - such as the SP8000?
>
> I'm trying to build a silent VIA system (no, I feel the standard fanned
> EPIA m/b are noisy), and am having a cow of a time finding anyone who
> brings in the SP8000. I've tried procase.co.nz, mini-itx.co.nz, no joy.

Well it's only a month late (quite possibly too late for you) but...

I just had word from ProCase that they are bringing in the EN12000EG (should
be here in 2-3 weeks).

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz