http://desktop-1.no-ip.org/epgmce_files/listing2.xml

--
Robin Gilks

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
On 4/6/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj@gilks.org> wrote:
> Perhaps this will take the pressure off David...
>
> I've adapted my grab_ecj script to hack this into the state I want it in.
> I didn't realise that Mythtv had all them colours in the Guide!

Where is this data comming from?

Steve

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
> On 4/6/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj@gilks.org> wrote:
>> Perhaps this will take the pressure off David...
>>
>> I've adapted my grab_ecj script to hack this into the state I want it
>> in.
>> I didn't realise that Mythtv had all them colours in the Guide!
>
> Where is this data comming from?
>
> Steve

I haven't the foggiest idea - I traced it from
http://www.managemyhome.co.nz/ and since it didn't require much work to
make use of it...

BTW: an NZ google of epgmce finds it as the top hit

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
On Thu, April 6, 2006 11:31 pm, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> On 4/6/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj@gilks.org> wrote:
>>> Perhaps this will take the pressure off David...
>>>
>>> I've adapted my grab_ecj script to hack this into the state I want it
>>> in.
>>> I didn't realise that Mythtv had all them colours in the Guide!
>>
>> Where is this data comming from?
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I haven't the foggiest idea - I traced it from
> http://www.managemyhome.co.nz/ and since it didn't require much work to
> make use of it...
>
> BTW: an NZ google of epgmce finds it as the top hit
>
> Cheers

It looks very like the feed you get from xmltvnz (see my previous posts re
that http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/193730)

That feed needs zipping (for a 90% saving)

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 22:23 +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Perhaps this will take the pressure off David...

Feed should be active tonight, dish is installed (along with a different
LNB from Sky.. interesting!) and I just need to get it back into running
shape.

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
Cool good to have it back although I'll have my dish up and running this week
hopefully...

Sky are installing a twin LNB so when Optus D1 is launched in June they are
all set when B1 is decommissioned for some of their subscribers... anyone who
calls up with a fault and has a vist are getting them swapped over...

I've gone free-to-air with 3 LNB's cause I could not afford $70 odd a month
with Sky and still not get NASA TV even though it comes off B1 and it's there
for grabs free...

Tim

--
Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
David Zanetti wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 22:23 +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
>

>>Perhaps this will take the pressure off David...
>>

>Feed should be active tonight, dish is installed (along with a different
>LNB from Sky.. interesting!) and I just need to get it back into running
>shape.

Let us know when your guide is back up. Manual recording is such a pain.

Also pass on any more info you have on this new LNB of theirs.

Steve

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 10:02 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> David Zanetti wrote:
> >Feed should be active tonight, dish is installed (along with a different
> >LNB from Sky.. interesting!) and I just need to get it back into running
> >shape.
>
> Let us know when your guide is back up. Manual recording is such a pain.

Will be a couple more days, PVR PSU has decided to pack it in :|

> Also pass on any more info you have on this new LNB of theirs.

It's got two feed horns, but only one output. Has a different LOF than
the LNB they've previously used, it's 10.75GHz. Installer mentioned it
was to provide for "transparent" switching to D1.

Somewhat unclear anyway, D1 is going into the same orbital slot, and
while it now has one horn offset from the other, is that intended to
cover some other slot as well? It'd have to be pretty close to 160E as
well, the dish doesn't appear to be shaped in a way that would provide
more coverage.

More questions than answers about the future it seems.

However:

DVB-S wins. IMO the right decision, DVB-T was never going to get the
coverage desired.

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
Here's a good story on the new D1 and D2 Optus satellites and what there going
to be used for...

http://www.spacemart.com/reports/New_Optus_Birds_To_Reap_Rewards_Of_Growing_Broadcasting_Market_In_Asia_Pacific.html

TIm

--
Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
On 4/8/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:49, David Zanetti wrote:
> > It's got two feed horns, but only one output. Has a different LOF than
> > the LNB they've previously used, it's 10.75GHz. Installer mentioned it
> > was to provide for "transparent" switching to D1.
> >
> > Somewhat unclear anyway, D1 is going into the same orbital slot, and
> > while it now has one horn offset from the other, is that intended to
> > cover some other slot as well? It'd have to be pretty close to 160E as
> > well, the dish doesn't appear to be shaped in a way that would provide
> > more coverage.
> >
> > More questions than answers about the future it seems.
>
> Here's a good story on the new D1 and D2 Optus satellites and what there going
> to be used for...
>
> http://www.spacemart.com/reports/New_Optus_Birds_To_Reap_Rewards_Of_Growing_Broadcasting_Market_In_Asia_Pacific.html

Well that explains it - Sky are planning on using D2 on 156 as a
backup to D1. I wonder how well it picks up 156.

Steve

Re: EPG - may require massaging [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 18:49 +1200, David Zanetti wrote:

> Will be a couple more days, PVR PSU has decided to pack it in :|

Good news everybody. PSU got replaced. Feed _should_ be stable now.

(I still can't get Myth to tune to the new LNB properly, but that
doesn't affect EPG feeding :) )