Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Manipulating Program Guide Information [ In reply to ]
>Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got mine set to 1/11300000/11300000 (same as David, but note that
>>> the high and low frequencies are in kHz in MythTV, not Hz). If that's
>>> not what you've got, try that. Otherwise try David's suggestions.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>
>> OK, using 1/11300000/11300000 and doing a full scan starting with
>> 12456000, I now have found 12 transports, and 19 FTA channels. And
>> all without having to hand tweak the database.
>>
>> Thanks Everyone for the help. I've added 2 notes to the wiki.
>>
>> -
>Which wiki have you added the notes to?
>
>Steve

http://pvr.geek.nz on the MythTV DVB-S page.

- Wade

Re: Manipulating Program Guide Information [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/06, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Getting category data from somewhere would be great. However I'm
> > getting my EPG data via a DVB-S card and I wouldn't want to go back to
> > downloading it even to get it with categories. How about a web based
> > query service that returns the category for a particular title?
>
> One positive about the xmltvnz from reven.co.nz is the inclusion of
> category metadata. This gives a nice colourful display in the myth epg
> and the mythweb epg too.

Any idea where that data is comming from? Are they manually
categorising titles or what?

Steve

RE: Manipulating Program Guide Information [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:13 +1300, Toby Mills wrote:
> We could also introduce some extra smarts and store information
> such as categories etc and munge them into the XML for programs that are
> on every week.

BTW, there is catagory data in the EIT, but the tool I'm using doesn't
parse it. Using dvbsnoop, I can see it. It looks like Sky are sending
it, tho EIT data on TVNZ's own transponder doesn't have catagories. (Sky
have catagories for TVNZ channels on their transponders..)

Fixing tv_grab_dvb is on my todo list.. (but, it's a long list :) )

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Re: Manipulating Program Guide Information [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:15:14 +1300
Steve Hodge wrote:

> On 2/23/06, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
> > Steve Hodge wrote:
> > > Getting category data from somewhere would be great. However I'm
> > > getting my EPG data via a DVB-S card and I wouldn't want to go back to
> > > downloading it even to get it with categories. How about a web based
> > > query service that returns the category for a particular title?
> >
> > One positive about the xmltvnz from reven.co.nz is the inclusion of
> > category metadata. This gives a nice colourful display in the myth epg
> > and the mythweb epg too.
>
> Any idea where that data is comming from? Are they manually
> categorising titles or what?
>
> Steve

its a scraper. take a look at, for example, s k y dot c o dot
enzed. The info is included there. Here is a sample:

Synopsis: Second Time Around: Morse investigates the murder of an ex-Deputy Police Commissioner and the theft of a single chapter of his memoirs.

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>

Re: Manipulating Program Guide Information [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/06, David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:13 +1300, Toby Mills wrote:
> > We could also introduce some extra smarts and store information
> > such as categories etc and munge them into the XML for programs that are
> > on every week.
>
> BTW, there is catagory data in the EIT, but the tool I'm using doesn't
> parse it. Using dvbsnoop, I can see it. It looks like Sky are sending
> it, tho EIT data on TVNZ's own transponder doesn't have catagories. (Sky
> have catagories for TVNZ channels on their transponders..)
>
> Fixing tv_grab_dvb is on my todo list.. (but, it's a long list :) )

I've been to take a look at getting tv_grab_dvb to do the tunning
itself so we don't need to run dvbstream. But I haven't gotten round
to it.

Steve