archive, so could the person(s) involved please email me about it?

Cheers,

Michael
Re: DVB-S cards order [ In reply to ]
on 14/02/2006 6:28 p.m. Michael Stevens wrote:
> Hi, I noticed an email in the list regarding a bulk order of DVB-S
> cards. I'd quite like to get in on that if the order hasn't already
> gone. Unfortunately (fortunately) I can't get at the email addresses
> from the archive, so could the person(s) involved please email me about it?
> Cheers,
> Michael

Hi Michael, it was me - I've ordered 5 and they are on their way
unfortunately (fortunately). Maybe you or someone else may wish to
start another coordinated order? A few other people emailed me with
their interest after I had placed the order.

cheers

Re: DVB-S cards order [ In reply to ]
Cheers. Could you flick me the addresses of the others who were keen?

I might actually hold off for a bit - I thought I might try and jump on the
bandwagon but seeing as I missed it, it's probably best I save my pennies
for a few months (tax time, yay). I'd be keen to know how the card goes -
or is it common knowledge that this card is good in linux?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: DVB-S cards order [ In reply to ]
On 2/14/06, Michael Stevens <friedcrumpet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be keen to know how the card goes - or is it common knowledge that this card is good in linux?

It's common knowledge that the Technisat Skystar2 is good in Linux :-)
There's a bunch of us with them already. The remote actually uses
WinLIRC...

Steve

Re: DVB-S cards order [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 18:47 +1300, Michael Stevens wrote:
> I'd be keen to know how the card goes - or is it common knowledge that
> this card is good in linux?

Of the three DVB-S cards I have (don't ask, long story), the TechniSat
Skystar 2 was the best of the bunch. I believe that's what most people
are ordering..

(The other two were a couple of TechnoTrend budget cards. They worked,
just the Skystar 2 seemed much better at coping with the tuner open all
the time, the TT cards appeared to be more sensitive to heat issues..
Also, Skystar 2 has a hardware PID filter, but is still a budget card,
which is a nice option. Less PCI traffic is good.)

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration