Finetune 0

My aerial is a yagi and pointing straight at sugarloaf. TV 1/2/3/c4 etc
are all good enough.

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 9:27 am, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org wrote:
> I've got my mythbox doing its thing nicely.
>
> The only problem I have is getting Prime tuned in correctly... I get
> sound and picture, but its only greys not colour.
>
> In mythtv-setup --> 5 Channel Editor --> Prime
> I have these values
>
> Channel Number 61
> Call Sign Prime
> XMLTV ID Prime

We have Prime on 62.

> On the second page
> Frequency ID 61
> Finetune 0
>
> My aerial is a yagi and pointing straight at sugarloaf. TV 1/2/3/c4 etc
> are all good enough.

Regards, Robert

Robert Fisher
(aka - Rob, Bob, Robbie, Robbo, Fish)
FishNet Computer & Electrical Services
www.fisher.net.nz
Phone: 03 383 5807
Mobile: 027 477 3356

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 9:27 am, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org wrote:
> > I've got my mythbox doing its thing nicely.
> >
> > The only problem I have is getting Prime tuned in correctly... I get
> > sound and picture, but its only greys not colour.
> >
> > In mythtv-setup --> 5 Channel Editor --> Prime
> > I have these values
> >
> > Channel Number 61
> > Call Sign Prime
> > XMLTV ID Prime
>
> We have Prime on 62.

Here in Auckland I've got Prime on 59.

Steve

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:06 am, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 9:27 am, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org wrote:
> > > I've got my mythbox doing its thing nicely.
> > >
> > > The only problem I have is getting Prime tuned in correctly... I get
> > > sound and picture, but its only greys not colour.
> > >
> > > In mythtv-setup --> 5 Channel Editor --> Prime
> > > I have these values
> > >
> > > Channel Number 61
> > > Call Sign Prime
> > > XMLTV ID Prime
> >
> > We have Prime on 62.

We are in Christchurch - like Craig

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
> On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>> We have Prime on 62.

Steve said
> Here in Auckland I've got Prime on 59.

Steve - each regional transmitter has a different set of channels... helps
prevent an aerial from getting two signals with a time difference.

Rob - for some reason every other channel is exactly one less than where
it should be... I have tuned channels on broadcast 2, 5, and 8 rather
than 3, 6 and 10.

I suspect my aerial isn't good enough.

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
On 12/26/05, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
> >> We have Prime on 62.
>
> Steve said
> > Here in Auckland I've got Prime on 59.
>
> Steve - each regional transmitter has a different set of channels... helps
> prevent an aerial from getting two signals with a time difference.

Yeah, that's why I stated where I was...

Steve

RE: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
You may need to adjust your fine tune.

Regards,
Gary Te Young

@Home Downunder Ltd
www.athomedownunder.com

RE: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
> You may need to adjust your fine tune.

Thank you. I've tweaked and twiddled, and there appears to be no change.
So do I have to change the finetune in mythtv-setup, then restart
mythfrontend to see the change?

My backend is a different box to my frontend.

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
>> On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>>> We have Prime on 62.
>
> Steve said
>> Here in Auckland I've got Prime on 59.
>
> Steve - each regional transmitter has a different set of channels... helps
> prevent an aerial from getting two signals with a time difference.
>
> Rob - for some reason every other channel is exactly one less than where
> it should be... I have tuned channels on broadcast 2, 5, and 8 rather
> than 3, 6 and 10.
>
> I suspect my aerial isn't good enough.

If its good enough for a TV then its OK for a PVR card. Are you sure you
have the NZ channels selected? Thats the only thing I can think of thats
putting you one channel off. Might be worth checking the settings table in
the database to see that its has the correct FreqTable set.

--
Robin Gilks

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
> > On 12/26/05, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>>> We have Prime on 62.
>
>Steve said
>> Here in Auckland I've got Prime on 59.
>
>Steve - each regional transmitter has a different set of channels... helps
>prevent an aerial from getting two signals with a time difference.
>
>Rob - for some reason every other channel is exactly one less than where
>it should be... I have tuned channels on broadcast 2, 5, and 8 rather
>than 3, 6 and 10.
>
>I suspect my aerial isn't good enough.

That's a PVR150 card right? I'd take it back and get a replacement
if you can. It's what I did with my first one.

My first card did exactly the same thing once I realised that's what
it was doing. It took many hours to figure that out, I just thought
I had some sort of software issues, since everything (linux/mythtv)
was new to me, and I couldn't get any signals when I tuned the card
to what it should be.

In the end I took the card back and got a replacement since it was
going to cause too many issues. If you add another card to the box
which works as it should, you'll have to define a whole new source
with different channels since they will both have different frequency
IDs for the same channel. Easier to get a card that works as it
should.

- Wade

Re: Prime TV [ In reply to ]
>>for some reason every other channel is exactly one less than where
>>it should be... I have tuned channels on broadcast 2, 5, and 8 rather
>>than 3, 6 and 10.

s/8/9/

>>I suspect my aerial isn't good enough.

> That's a PVR150 card right? I'd take it back and get a replacement
> if you can. It's what I did with my first one.

Yes, it is a PVR150. However everything else works fine. I was assuming
it was a numbers-start-from-zero issue, rather than a fault.

Maybe I should try loading another firmware in the ivtv modules...

> My first card did exactly the same thing once I realised that's what
> it was doing. It took many hours to figure that out, I just thought
> I had some sort of software issues, since everything (linux/mythtv)
> was new to me, and I couldn't get any signals when I tuned the card
> to what it should be.
>
> In the end I took the card back and got a replacement since it was
> going to cause too many issues. If you add another card to the box
> which works as it should, you'll have to define a whole new source
> with different channels since they will both have different frequency
> IDs for the same channel. Easier to get a card that works as it
> should.

Gotcha.