site. Is the genre data included in the DVB stream? Is it being lost in
the conversion to XMLTV format? It would be quite useful to have the data,
especially since MythWeb has special treatment for the Movie genre.

Re: EPG genres [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 11:46 +1300, Dagan Galarneau wrote:
> In the listings from hairy.geek, I've noticed that there's no genre
> data. However, the genre is available from the Sky listings on their web
> site. Is the genre data included in the DVB stream? Is it being lost in
> the conversion to XMLTV format? It would be quite useful to have the data,
> especially since MythWeb has special treatment for the Movie genre.

The DVB EPG can include vast amounts of detail.

But Sky doesn't appear to be populating it, or tv_grab_dvb doesn't know
how to decode it. I suspect the former, because the guide on Sky's set
top boxes has rating but not genre, and rating is probably what the
Unknown Element tv_grab_dvb keeps reporting is..

I haven't checked TVNZ's EPG data yet. Apparently they're uplinking
their own EPG data, it's not Sky's like the other transponders.

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration