640x480..

2) a "backtrace" in case that helps at all..

tarek : )
Re: Recording while watching LiveTV problem [ In reply to ]
On Monday 28 October 2002 01:05 pm, tarek Lubani wrote:
> A followup on the bug report..
>
> 1) Here is a screen shot: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/snapshot.png .. As an
> aside here, I don't know what the mythepg is doing in the back.. I don't
> see it.. It may be something to do with the snapshot program?
>
> 2) This screen is starting to go away now.. At least in this round of me
> playing around.. It comes up about 30 seconds before a recording is set to
> begin, and right now disappears when the recording begins, setting the
> channel to the correct place and starting the proper recording.. If I find
> out more on when it hangs (this is the first time it *hasn't* hung), I'll
> let you know..

It's the dialog that asks you if you want to let it record a program or cancel
the recording and just watch tv, just not displaying the text. Broke that
when I made the rest of the OSD fade off the screen. It's now fixed in CVS.

Isaac
Re: Recording while watching LiveTV problem [ In reply to ]
I said it before and I'll say it again.. You're just like God! but you
answer prayers!!

woohoo! : )

tarek : )

Re: Recording while watching LiveTV problem [ In reply to ]
A followup on the bug report..

1) Here is a screen shot: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/snapshot.png .. As an
aside here, I don't know what the mythepg is doing in the back.. I don't
see it.. It may be something to do with the snapshot program?

2) This screen is starting to go away now.. At least in this round of me
playing around.. It comes up about 30 seconds before a recording is set to
begin, and right now disappears when the recording begins, setting the
channel to the correct place and starting the proper recording.. If I find
out more on when it hangs (this is the first time it *hasn't* hung), I'll
let you know..

3) This error seems to occur whether I'm in 800x600 or 640x480.

4) I reproduce the error with the following steps:

a) start mythfrontend
b) watch live TV
c) hit "m", then pick a program to record on a DIFFERENT channel in the
next half hour
d) go to a console, and set the date to 40 seconds before the recording
should start

Then that screen pops up.. I cannot get a backtrace, as when I try to
debug, it says the following and doesn't let mythfrontend start:

[root@courage]# gdb mythfrontend
GNU gdb 5.2.1-2mdk (Mandrake Linux)
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x409c5479 in sigsuspend () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
Current language: auto; currently c