Mailing List Archive

null bytes in recorded programs
I just ran into an issue after trying to recover from database corruption; as far as I know the issue never happens under normal oprating conditions.

If there are null bytes in any of the string fields in the recorded table, the transfer of recorded programs to the frontend fails. Strangely, mythweb still works and gets the full list of recordings.

Mythfrontend however fails in remoteutil.cpp, RemoteGetRecordingList: "RemoteGetRecordingList() list size appears to be incorrect". The strlist passed into the function is incomplete, it ends at the first null byte.

Since mythweb keeps working I presume that the issue is on the receiving side.

Not really much of an issue but still odd.

Martin Bene,
no.disclaimer