(a regular install just tells me it is up to date)...

I've read over every FAQ and answer available, and none seem to work.
Any other suggestions from people that did indeed get it all to work?

I am following the procedure from the HOW-TOs at Mythtv.org, and
everything has been fairly flawless to this point, but XMLTV does not
want to install...

Thanks

Nate
Re: XMLTV Date::Manip on RH8 [ In reply to ]
export LANG="en_US" before compiling xawtv or running setup or
mythfilldatabase. On RedHat, I made this change permanent by editing
/etc/sysconfig/i18n and setting LANG="en_US" there. If you only want to
change the setting for a certain user, RedHat will let you put that same
string in a file called ~/.i18n

Regards,
Mike