would like to use the two PCI slots for capture cards.
Thanks

John
Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 26 November 2002 13:49, John spake thus:
> Does anyone have experience with the Shuttle SS50? I would like to know
> if the onboard video and audio are good enough to use with MythTV. I
> would like to use the two PCI slots for capture cards.
> Thanks

I would certainly say so. I'm using a Shuttle SV24, which is somewhat older
than the SS50 and only has one PCI slot. No problems with the video or
audio here.

-- C.
Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
I have a SS40G, and the video and sound is good enough for me. It even has
SPD I/F.

Video is better than my TNT2's TV out on my other computer if that
information is worth anything.

/Jens

Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Jens Lohmann-Hansen wrote:

> I have a SS40G, and the video and sound is good enough for me. It even has
> SPD I/F.
>
> Video is better than my TNT2's TV out on my other computer if that
> information is worth anything.
>
> /Jens

Does it have good overscan? Or can you see the boarders of the video
image on the TV screen?

- Christoph

Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
On my 29" sony TV I have an ~7mm black border on the left side as well as
from the top.

What's worse is that I actually lack the same on the right - that is, the
"exit" button of a window or a scroll bar is not visible (that is 800x600 on
PAL, dunno about 640x480).

However, the TNT2 had huge borders on all sides and no real black (it was
grayish).

... Does anyone know how to adjust these borders in software? (via a better
mode line or.. ?).

/Jens

Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 13:45, Jens Lohmann-Hansen wrote:
> However, the TNT2 had huge borders on all sides and no real black (it was
> grayish).
>
> ... Does anyone know how to adjust these borders in software? (via a better
> mode line or.. ?).

There is a solution for windows which supports nVidia chipsets (TNT-1 or
later). Maybe you can convince the guy to port the software to Linux....

http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Carlos
Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 13:45, Jens Lohmann-Hansen wrote:
>> However, the TNT2 had huge borders on all sides and no real black (it was
>> grayish).
>>
>> ... Does anyone know how to adjust these borders in software? (via a
better
>> mode line or.. ?).
>
> There is a solution for windows which supports nVidia chipsets (TNT-1 or
> later). Maybe you can convince the guy to port the software to Linux....

> http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Already exits:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out/

Used it before works great can set overscan and lots of other features.
Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
Do you know if any such tool exists for the SiS stuff on the SS40G's
motherboard? Or is the tool below a general tool for all TV-out cards?

Re: Hardware Advice - Shuttle SS50 [ In reply to ]
> Do you know if any such tool exists for the SiS stuff on the SS40G's
> motherboard? Or is the tool below a general tool for all TV-out cards?

No and No, it is for specific Nvidia cards only, and I don't know of tools
for SIS stuff. The problems is you have to twidle bits in the video cards
regesters and every Chips does it differant.