Mailing List Archive

Channel/DB Buglet?
Heya,

I changed a line in settings.txt as follows:

str TunerCardInput=Composite1

So that my tuner would start on the composite input
(the only one I have). Now if I watch live TV the OSD
info is blank and I get the dreaded:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

However my database is set up correctly and has all
the info in it. In fact if I bring up the EPG while
watching LiveTv, and select a program from the EPG to
watch then the OSD is magically populated again.

Does the TunerCardInput string fail to change a
setting somewhere that tells the OSD that it should be
using Composite1's channel info?

As an experiment I just used 'c' to cycle through
S-Video, TV, and back to Composite, and it still
doesn't have any channel info, but as soon as I select
a program to watch on the EPG it's back in buisness.

---A

http://mailplus.yahoo.com
Re: Channel/DB Buglet? [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 24 November 2002 01:28 pm, Andrew C. Ohnstad wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I changed a line in settings.txt as follows:
>
> str TunerCardInput=Composite1
>
> So that my tuner would start on the composite input
> (the only one I have). Now if I watch live TV the OSD
> info is blank and I get the dreaded:
>
> Error, couldn't find any available channels.
> Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.
>
> However my database is set up correctly and has all
> the info in it. In fact if I bring up the EPG while
> watching LiveTv, and select a program from the EPG to
> watch then the OSD is magically populated again.
>
> Does the TunerCardInput string fail to change a
> setting somewhere that tells the OSD that it should be
> using Composite1's channel info?
>
> As an experiment I just used 'c' to cycle through
> S-Video, TV, and back to Composite, and it still
> doesn't have any channel info, but as soon as I select
> a program to watch on the EPG it's back in buisness.

Weird -- I don't see anything jumping out at me in the code that could cause
this. Could you stick a 'cout << thequery << endl' in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp,
line 1757 (against current CVS) -- that's in TV::CheckChannel(), right after
it sets up the database query. I'd like to see the output of you changing to
a channel manually with the number keys, and then the output of you changing
to that channel with the program guide. Just lookin to see what's different
between the two.

Isaac
Re: Channel/DB Buglet? [ In reply to ]
--- Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> Weird -- I don't see anything jumping out at me in
> the code that could cause
> this. Could you stick a 'cout << thequery << endl'
> in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp,
> line 1757 (against current CVS) -- that's in
> TV::CheckChannel(), right after
> it sets up the database query. I'd like to see the
> output of you changing to
> a channel manually with the number keys, and then
> the output of you changing
> to that channel with the program guide. Just lookin
> to see what's different
> between the two.

Your wish is my command.

See the attached. Where ever there is a ### those are
my comments, not stuff actually put out on the console
(duh).

From first inspection it looks like it's scanning for
us-cable channels on the first go around and not
channels in the 200+ range where all my DirecTV stuff
is.

I'll leave the fixing of it to the experts. :)

---A

http://mailplus.yahoo.com
Re: Channel/DB Buglet? [ In reply to ]
On Monday 25 November 2002 07:39 pm, Andrew C. Ohnstad wrote:
> Your wish is my command.
>
> See the attached. Where ever there is a ### those are
> my comments, not stuff actually put out on the console
> (duh).
>
> From first inspection it looks like it's scanning for
> us-cable channels on the first go around and not
> channels in the 200+ range where all my DirecTV stuff
> is.
>
> I'll leave the fixing of it to the experts. :)

Could you set the 'DefaultTVChannel' in theme.txt to a channel number that
exists for you, and not '3'? Then see if things work..

The sh error for command not found is because you don't have a external
command set and are using an input that doesn't have a tuner, btw.

Isaac
Re: Channel/DB Buglet? [ In reply to ]
--- Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> On Monday 25 November 2002 07:39 pm, Andrew C.
> Ohnstad wrote:
> > Your wish is my command.
> >
> > See the attached. Where ever there is a ### those
> are
> > my comments, not stuff actually put out on the
> console
> > (duh).
> >
> > From first inspection it looks like it's scanning
> for
> > us-cable channels on the first go around and not
> > channels in the 200+ range where all my DirecTV
> stuff
> > is.
> >
> > I'll leave the fixing of it to the experts. :)
>
> Could you set the 'DefaultTVChannel' in theme.txt to
> a channel number that
> exists for you, and not '3'? Then see if things
> work..

/me grins sheepishly. I feel like a dope for not
seeing that in the first place.

> The sh error for command not found is because you
> don't have a external
> command set and are using an input that doesn't have
> a tuner, btw.

Interesting.

---Andrew