Mailing List Archive

xmltv output generated by nxtvepg
At 20 Nov 2002 17:56:59 +0100, you wrote:
>got data file from nxtvepg (new version can export xmltv format) and
>finally got my database filled!
>one question...in the xml file the categories are in different
>languages, first english, so how can i select the language used?
>can i select it at all? and i get no description when watching tv
>and the transparent info shows up, its empty...
>maybe someone (not me, as i am _not_ a programmer unfortunately) has to
>manipulate the file exported from nxtvepg?
>anyway, my first filled database, thank you ;-)

Language selection for xmltv input is not supported yet, I might implement
it one of these days (or some other developer in germany ?).

The reason you don't see your title is because nxtvepg seems to violate the
xmltv specs.
The <desc> field is the only one were formatting is ignored, so you can write
<desc>
this
is
a valid description
</desc>
and still end up with "this is a valid description".
The title however is written in your xml file as
<title
this is the title
</title>
which ends up as a three-line title (blankline, " this is the title",
blankline) and only the first line is shown by mythtv, and is a blank line :-(

I did write you a perl script to verify my findings, just run it with
nxtvfix < originalxml > newxml
and the <title> tag is stripped and put in line.

AFAIK if this fixes it you should complain with nxtvepg, I don't think it
appropriate to implement a bugfix for them in mythtv.

Erik