Mailing List Archive

Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives?
Well the title is self-explnatorie...so I will leave it like that.

Thanks!

Roberto

Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
Funny, I tried browsing the site from the same machine and it works (using
mozzila), If understand this right xmltv browse the site and scrap the text
and icons for the tv channels, programs, etc...so if I can browse the site
the Setup and MythFilldatabase should also, right?

Well...then, does anybody have a clue about what might be happening? Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:54:35PM +0000, Roberto C. Serrano wrote:
> Funny, I tried browsing the site from the same machine and it works (using
> mozzila), If understand this right xmltv browse the site and scrap the text
> and icons for the tv channels, programs, etc...so if I can browse the site
> the Setup and MythFilldatabase should also, right?

They've changed around the layout of the site somehow. I haven't
looked into the details (yet), but browsing from the front page works
normally and browsing using a bookmark I made months ago to the
listings page results in an error.
Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
Then we will sit tight until somebody comes with a patch or something!

:)

Thanks for the quick response.

Roberto

Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
I was thinking about this a bit ago...do we have a backup plan? I mean,
what happens if/when zap2it goes away (or gets swallowed up by someone
else, etc.)?

And if more and more people start building homebrew PVRs using zap2it,
isn't there going to be a big load on their server?

Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 21 November 2002 02:12 pm, Benjamin Binford wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:54:35PM +0000, Roberto C. Serrano wrote:
> > Funny, I tried browsing the site from the same machine and it works
> > (using mozzila), If understand this right xmltv browse the site and scrap
> > the text and icons for the tv channels, programs, etc...so if I can
> > browse the site the Setup and MythFilldatabase should also, right?
>
> They've changed around the layout of the site somehow. I haven't
> looked into the details (yet), but browsing from the front page works
> normally and browsing using a bookmark I made months ago to the
> listings page results in an error.

Go into the ZapListings.pm file that came with xmltv and change all
'tvlistings2.zap2it.com' to 'tvlistings.zap2it.com' and see if that works.

Isaac
Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
You are a Monter! Thanks! It seams to be working...and I feel like a little
girl running and screaming at first sign of problems!

Thanks!

Re: Zap2it seams to be down...down...down...any alternatives? [ In reply to ]
I mean a Monster! (Not a monter.... :-P) By the way that's a translation
from Spanish and means that you know a lot or that you are very good at
something! (Just making sure....that it is understood)

Thanks again.

Roberto