machine in performance!! ;)

Cheers,
Chris
Re: Motion Blur in MPEG4 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:26:49AM -0500, Chris Liscio wrote:

> I've got the AthlonXP 1700+ in my mythTV box now, and was watching a bit of
> live TV, noting any strangeness I came across. One of the most annoying
> things about mpeg4 is that there seems to be a constant motion blur effect.
> I watched a recording of The Simpsons and it demonstrated the motion blur at
> the worst. In fact, any sort of animation shows this effect off.

Try enabling deinterlacing.

--
- mdz
RE: Motion Blur in MPEG4 [ In reply to ]
I wasn't talking about "fingering", which is *very* noticeable in all
codecs. I'm talking about a ghosted image on the display from frame to
frame.

Today I'll be checking out a third-party VGA->TV scan converter (the ADS
Elite XGA model) to see how that pans out. It could be a side-effect of my
crappy tvout on my Asus V7100 Pro. Also, I am suspecting the 60hz refresh
vs. 29.97 possibility. The VGA->TV converter I'm speaking of apparently
takes up to 100hz in the input signal, so I'm hoping to see some improvement
tonight.

I'll update on this further.

RE: Motion Blur in MPEG4 [ In reply to ]
Just to update on the motion blur/scan converter thing...

I picked the ADS unit up, played with it, and sent it back about 2 hours
after buying it. It was, in a few ways, much worse than my V7100Pro's
TV-Out. I think I just need to get me one of them nifty progressive-scan
HDTV's... ;)

So after sticking with rtjpeg over the past few days, I am noticing a slight
amount of motion blur on the animations, but far less than what I had with
the mpeg4.

Cheers,
Chris