lame-3.92

-Rob

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me
Re: ./setup core dumps [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 17 November 2002 05:00 pm, Robert Dege wrote:
> I just finished compiling/installing mythtv-0.7. When I tried to run
> setup in the setup directory, it core dumped on me.
>
> Has anybody else run into this problem? I'm running RedHat 7.3 with the
> following:

If you're running on a crappy old CPU that doesn't support pentiumpro
instructions, and you didn't change the compile flags in settings.pro, then
yes, everything will segfault when run.

Isaac
Re: ./setup core dumps [ In reply to ]
Well, you were right. Once I modified settings.pro to a pentium march, it
worked just fine. But I wouldn't call my K6 chip crappy *sniff* :)

On a new note, when I execute setup, I now get the following error
message:

[root@localhost mythtv-0.7]# setup/setup
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
couldn't open db
[root@localhost mythtv-0.7]#

Mysql wasn't installed by default, so I just installed the 3 rpm's (mysql,
devel, and server). I didn't do any special configs other than using
chkconfig to start it by default.

Is there any special mysql configs I need to setup to get setup to run
correctly?

-Rob

> If you're running on a crappy old CPU that doesn't support pentiumpro
> instructions, and you didn't change the compile flags in settings.pro, then
> yes, everything will segfault when run.
>
> Isaac

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me
Re: ./setup core dumps [ In reply to ]
try:

# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3

or wherever your qt3 libs are..

and that should take care of that..

tarek : )

Re: ./setup core dumps [ In reply to ]
That environment variable was already set, QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5.
I verified it by loading another shell, and checking for the variable.

Is it possible that setup might try to call a mysql binary that's not
located in my $PATH?

-Rob

Re: ./setup core dumps [ In reply to ]
Ahhh, of course.

I just searched rpmfind.net & found `qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17.i386.rpm`

I'll install that later tonight & see what happens :)

-Rob