Is there a chance to get mythtv run without xv?
(SHM, SDL or something other?)

Roman
Re: Mythtv and system freeze [ In reply to ]
On Monday 11 November 2002 04:55 pm, Roman Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> everytime when I start mythtv, my system is freezing.
> (No Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and so on)
>
> I tracked the bug down to my gfx-drivers.
> (Ati Radeon 8500 with actual gatos drivers)
>
> The xv implementation of these drivers seems to be buggy.
>
> Is there a chance to get mythtv run without xv?
> (SHM, SDL or something other?)

Sure, send in a patch.

Isaac
Re: Mythtv and system freeze [ In reply to ]
Same thread, somewhat different issue though.

Upgraded from Myth 6 to 7 today, and all was working nicely with the default
rtjpeg. I was running the mythtv binary only and hadn't tried out
mythfrontend yet. I edited settings.txt and switched to mpeg4 (leaving same
files for recording) and then fired up mythfrontend and selected to watch tv.
The live tv window did not pop up and I was unable to shut down the
frontend, alt-f4 didn't work, shortly thereafter my mouse pointer disappeard
and I was unable to switch focus to the terminal window to kill it. Some
keyboard stuff worked though, like hitting the windows button on the keyboard
brought up the K menu. Now, no interactive stuff works, and during all this.
the hard drive light is madly flickering away.

I assume the livetv file is being rewritten to mpeg4 format and I should just
wait (set at 5gb) ? Or is the system just hung and I should hit the
reset/power button? It's been running like this for about the last 10
minutes or so.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting