Has anyone found any DECENT information on getting a WinTV (bttv) card
drivers installed? Do I need to rebuild the kernel for module support?
How the hell do I do that?!

I was compiling a list of steps I had to go thru to install Myth, but I
gotta say, I'm freakin' confused right now, and I haven't even gotten to
the Myth stuff yet! That $200 Tivo is looking pretty good right now :(

Grrrrr...
Jeremy
Re: Getting read for Myth [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 09 November 2002 01:52 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:

What distro are you running?

Randy

Re: Getting read for Myth [ In reply to ]
Well, now that I'm awake, I realized that RH actually found the card and
loaded up the correct drivers. I can run xawtv just fine; however, I only
get a black-and-white image. I've changed the setting to NTSC and
adjusted the "color" value, but I still only get b/w. Is this a common
problem?

Thanks!

RE: Getting read for Myth [ In reply to ]
Did you change xawtv to use us-cable? Seems like I remember doing
that....

RE: Getting read for Myth [ In reply to ]
OK, it seems that I didn't have the card number set properly. After
setting that correctly in /etc/modules.conf it worked great.

Thanks for the help!