(Saturday) night. I just want to write up some docs for the game and gallery
modules, and maybe fix MythWeb to handle the channel-limited anytime
recordings.

Once the 0.7 release is done, I'm planning on working on splitting the
recording and playback up a little, so I can run an extremely quiet
playback-only box out in the living room instead of the noisy beast that is
my Athlon 1800+.

Isaac
Re: Upcoming 0.7 release [ In reply to ]
Sweet! Isaac can you post some of the step by step install docs that some
of the members have created for us Linux newbies?

At 04:34 PM 11/8/2002 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
>So, I'm going to put out 0.7 in the next couple of days, maybe tomorrow
>(Saturday) night. I just want to write up some docs for the game and gallery
>modules, and maybe fix MythWeb to handle the channel-limited anytime
>recordings.
>
>Once the 0.7 release is done, I'm planning on working on splitting the
>recording and playback up a little, so I can run an extremely quiet
>playback-only box out in the living room instead of the noisy beast that is
>my Athlon 1800+.
>
>Isaac

Kevin Jensen
President
Kinetic Media
http://www.kinetic-media.com
(763) 473-3218
Re: Upcoming 0.7 release [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 04:34:14PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> So, I'm going to put out 0.7 in the next couple of days, maybe tomorrow
> (Saturday) night. I just want to write up some docs for the game and gallery
> modules, and maybe fix MythWeb to handle the channel-limited anytime
> recordings.
>
> Once the 0.7 release is done, I'm planning on working on splitting the
> recording and playback up a little, so I can run an extremely quiet
> playback-only box out in the living room instead of the noisy beast that is
> my Athlon 1800+.

That sounds like a good idea.

After I get a better drive (my dual-Celeron box is back up BTW - guess it
just needed to cool off, and last night I overclocked it a bit less and
installed lm-sensors) I want to work on a web-based remote control. I
think I'd prefer to use a 3Com Audrey or (someday) a wireless webpad
rather than an IR remote, although I may want to try the IR stuff too.
I did some PHP stuff to control Xawtv a few months ago and it should be
quick and easy to adapt that. Any suggestions where to start,
remote-controlling Myth from an external process?

--
_______ Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD ecloud@bigfoot.com
(_ | |_) http://ecloud.org kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org
Re: Upcoming 0.7 release [ In reply to ]
Shawn Rutledge <e_cloud@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 04:34:14PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Once the 0.7 release is done, I'm planning on working on splitting the
> > recording and playback up a little, so I can run an extremely quiet
> > playback-only box out in the living room instead of the noisy beast that is
> > my Athlon 1800+.
>
> After I get a better drive (my dual-Celeron box is back up BTW - guess it
> just needed to cool off, and last night I overclocked it a bit less and
> installed lm-sensors) I want to work on a web-based remote control. I
> think I'd prefer to use a 3Com Audrey or (someday) a wireless webpad
> rather than an IR remote, although I may want to try the IR stuff too.
> I did some PHP stuff to control Xawtv a few months ago and it should be
> quick and easy to adapt that. Any suggestions where to start,
> remote-controlling Myth from an external process?

Heh. Funny how both Issac and Shawn want to implement to of the things
on the top of my wish list for MythTV post 0.7. ;-)

I'd like to lend a hand here some, but I'm working 80+ hour weeks
right now... I'm scrapping together what time I can just to install
MythTV, let alone do development on it. :-(

--
Shawn.
Re: Upcoming 0.7 release [ In reply to ]
Whats the status of re encoding ? will it make it into 0.7?
if so what formats etc?
or does this need the playback and recording seperated