Phone: +49 5131 709320
FAX: +49 5131 709325
Internet: jum@helios.de
Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]
> I just wanted to play with the latest and greatest from CVS and anoncvs
> appears to be broken:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted

passwd: anoncvs
See http://perl.apache.org/mod_perl_cvs.html

(it's not linked from the main page!!!)

Stas Bekman | JAmpH -- Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org | http://perl.org http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com | http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org
Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]
>> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
>> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
>> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted
>
>passwd: anoncvs
>See http://perl.apache.org/mod_perl_cvs.html

I did enter the proper password, the login command did not issue any
error message (I just tried it again). Only if I attempt to checkout I
get the error message.

Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen
Germany

Phone: +49 5131 709320
FAX: +49 5131 709325
Internet: jum@helios.de
Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]
> >> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
> >> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
> >> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted
> >
> >passwd: anoncvs
> >See http://perl.apache.org/mod_perl_cvs.html
>
> I did enter the proper password, the login command did not issue any
> error message (I just tried it again). Only if I attempt to checkout I
> get the error message.

I've CC'ed your report to modperl-cvs list,
As a temperarely solution use the CVS snapshot perl.apache.org/from-cvs/.

Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]

JM> I just wanted to play with the latest and greatest from CVS and anoncvs
JM> appears to be broken:

JM> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
JM> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
JM> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted

I get the same warning/error message, but it continues on its way. I
was checking out apache-1.3 and apache-2.0 though. For mod_perl I
have read/write access so I don't use anoncvs.
Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 09:54:13AM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:
> JM> I just wanted to play with the latest and greatest from CVS and anoncvs
> JM> appears to be broken:
>
> JM> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
> JM> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
> JM> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted
>
> I get the same warning/error message, but it continues on its way. I
> was checking out apache-1.3 and apache-2.0 though. For mod_perl I
> have read/write access so I don't use anoncvs.

For me it does not continue, even if I try to check out apache-1.3
instead of modperl.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen
Germany

Phone: +49 5131 709320
FAX: +49 5131 709325
Internet: jum@helios.de
Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]

JM> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
JM> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
JM> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted

VK> I get the same warning/error message, but it continues on its way. I
VK> was checking out apache-1.3 and apache-2.0 though. For mod_perl I
VK> have read/write access so I don't use anoncvs.

Check that... it worked yesterday... today it croaks ;-(
Re: perl.apache.org anon CVS broken? [ In reply to ]

>> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@perl.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co modperl
>> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from perl.apache.org:
>> cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted

SB> passwd: anoncvs
SB> See http://perl.apache.org/mod_perl_cvs.html

That's not the issue:

[onceler]% cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs@locus.apache.org:/home/cvspublic" login
(Logging in to anoncvs@locus.apache.org)
CVS password:
[onceler]% cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs@locus.apache.org:/home/cvspublic" -q up
cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from locus.apache.org: cvs: setgroups: Operation not permitted

locus.apache.org == perl.apache.org BTW.

There's something amiss with the anoncvs on that box. I used to be
able to just go into the directory and "cvs -q up" without having to
login all over again (as it is already in my ~/.cvspass file.)