Mailing List Archive

TR: Apache Authentication
> Was hoping for recommendations on using cookie based authentication. I
> would love to get rid of the grey popup window in replace of a login page
> with all the "I forgot my password, duh" and "I need access" links on it,
> much like eTrade or Yahoo mail.
>
> Ken, I read every post on AuthCookie, spent the day yesterday playing with
> it. It seems like a perfect solution if I can get it to work with our
> Radius/DBI authentication. I couldn't find relevant others.
> Authen::Ticket, Apache::AuthenURL, CGI::Cookie don't seem to apply.
>
> Any direction recommendations from anyone?

I'm using Apache::AuthCookie with a custom authentication, just
subclass Apache::AuthCookie, and insert your custom authentication
code in sub authen_cred.

Apache::AuthCookie is very cool, works out of the box.

--
Eric
Re: TR: Apache Authentication [ In reply to ]
acer is still in business? did not know that. i would be leary but for
no good reason.

gedanken
---------------------
Enough of this arguing!
We'll just fight it out.
-- Bearded Swordsman
Re: TR: Apache Authentication [ In reply to ]
hehe woops. ya get used to typing ahead in pine, waiting for it to catch
up, and once a year you reply to the wrong message =) Apologies all.

gedanken
Enough of this arguing!
We'll just fight it out.
-- Bearded Swordsman