Mailing List Archive

[OT] Re: Perl question...
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Victor Zamouline wrote:

> > As more readable alternatives to &&, ||, and !, Perl provides the and, or
> > and not operators. The behavior of these operators _IS IDENTICAL_ - in
> > particular, they short-circuit the same way.
>
> I guess their _behavior_ is identical but their _precedence_ is not the
> same.

That's correct!

Just please attach the [OT] tag for off-topic questions, even if the
original poster has ignored the advice. I beleive that with a little
effort of all of us educating ourselves and users we will have the best
mailing list ever :)

> I think that
>
> my $test3 = $test1 or $test2
>
> is interpreted as
>
> (my $test3 = $test1) or $test2
>
> so you should try
>
> my $test3 = ($test1 or $test2)
>
> Victor.

Stas Bekman mailto:sbekman@iname.com http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org modperl.sourcegarden.org perlmonth.com perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven http://www.singlesheaven.com
Re: [OT] Re: Perl question... [ In reply to ]