Mailing List Archive

phhmod_perl Developer release.
Modperlers,

If you are interested phhmod_perl, or mato_perl, both names are being
tossed arround, has been released. It has virtually no features
except outputting dynamic content to the webbrowser. Doesn't do
POSTs, doesn't allow header modifications,etc. But it is bit over
twice as fast as mod_perl. It's running at about 2.4x as fast on my
box right now, with the old engine I got it a bit over 3x as fast but
I had to port it to the new API and haven't resolved all the i/o
changes I've made.

At any rate it's on my ftp server:
ftp://esdev.net/pub/matofali/matofali-perl.tar.gz . It only works on
Linux, and requires you to be running a patched 2.2.x kernel, or a
2.3.13+ kernel. Also you have to patch a version of apache to run
with it, all thats in the docs. The documentation and other stuff can
be found at people.redhat.com/zab/phhttpd/ . Zach is the one who you
can attribute most of the work..., he designed phhttpd, and
subsequently what is being called Matofali for the moment. If you
have problems email me, or send up a message on the phhttpd list.

This is really just a developer release, if your not planning on
getting into the source, I would wait about a month when a good solid
release with lots of good features is out to play with.

Have fun with it!
Shane.

(BTW: I am in no way funded or associated with Redhat... come to
think of it... I'm not funded by anyone in particular :> )

Doug: That stack cleaning code is in the tarball too, in the mp_perl.c
file.

(Oh, yea, Zach is going to be away for a week I think, so you can send
emails to me)