For example, when I try to access the eg/index.html it shows something like this:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl5 asp <% # split the page in 2 for nice formatting and english style sorting my(@col1, @col2); my @keys
= sort keys %EG; @keys || die("\%EG is not defined, make sure you copied ./eg/global.asa correctly");

(sure there is more "text")

What have I done wrong? What should I do to fix it?
I really need to run ASP on a linux server so we can quit using Windows NT.

Thanks for you attention

Kenjiro Tanaka
Re: Apache::ASP (What should I do???) [ In reply to ]
kenjiro@zaz.com.br wrote:

> I am a beginner so I don't know much about the whole stuff.
> I installed mod_perl, php3, apache and Apache::ASP (all the latest versions) on a Linux Slackware 7.0. There were no error messages while compiling the programs.
> Then I tried the examples which come with Apache::ASP. The problem is that instead of executing the files/scripts my browser tries to read the files as they were text files.
> For example, when I try to access the eg/index.html it shows something like this:

Kenjiro,

This should be just a config issue if you have compiled mod_perl
correctly in with Apache, which you can test simply by putting
PerlModule Apache::ASP in your httpd.conf.

As far as getting the examples to work, check out this
section from the web site install section at

http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/install.html#Quick%20Start

Quick Start

Once you have successfully built the Apache HTTP Server with mod_perl, copy the
./site/eg/ directory from the Apache::ASP installation to your Apache document tree and
try it out! You must put "AllowOverride All" in your httpd.conf <Directory> config section
to let the .htaccess file in the ./site/eg installation directory do its work. If you want a
starter config file for Apache::ASP, just look at the .htaccess file in the ./site/eg/
directory.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring Huntington Beach, CA USA
http://www.nodeworks.com 1-714-625-4051