Mailing List Archive

Call for modperl.faqts.com Maintainer
FAQTs.com is a knowledge base site which has proven to be a great asset
to a number of communities including PHP, MySQL and Javascript. It has
complete version control, email alerts, and group editing capabilities.

http://www.faqts.com

We believe that a FAQTs knowledge base could be a great asset for the
perl, mod_perl and DBI communities.

http://modperl.faqts.com

I'm looking for someone to help expand and maintain the content in this
knowledge base. This is a great way to give something back to the
community and we're willing to contribute something towards the time you
normally spend voluntarily.

We need you to spend some time each day summarising the new content on
the mailing list into the knowledge base and promoting FAQTs.com by
directing people on the list to appropriate entries.

You don't need to be a guru, in fact this is a good way to become one.
All you need are good English skills and the ability to spot the
difference between correct answers and those that are "less correct".

Please mail me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Nathan

--
Nathan Wallace
http://www.faqts.com
Re: Call for modperl.faqts.com Maintainer [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 01:26:30PM -0500, Nathan Wallace wrote:
> FAQTs.com is a knowledge base site which has proven to be a great asset
> to a number of communities including PHP, MySQL and Javascript. It has
> complete version control, email alerts, and group editing capabilities.
>
> http://www.faqts.com
>
> We believe that a FAQTs knowledge base could be a great asset for the
> perl, mod_perl and DBI communities.
>
> http://modperl.faqts.com
>
> I'm looking for someone to help expand and maintain the content in this
> knowledge base. This is a great way to give something back to the
> community and we're willing to contribute something towards the time you
> normally spend voluntarily.
>
> We need you to spend some time each day summarising the new content on
> the mailing list into the knowledge base and promoting FAQTs.com by
> directing people on the list to appropriate entries.
>
> You don't need to be a guru, in fact this is a good way to become one.
> All you need are good English skills and the ability to spot the
> difference between correct answers and those that are "less correct".
>
> Please mail me if you are interested.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan
>
> --
> Nathan Wallace
> http://www.faqts.com

Nathan,

For over a year Stas Bekman has been doing this and updating the mod_perl
guide, which is available from the perl.apache.org web page. There are
now a bunch of contributors who send him patches, etc. Your suggestion
looks to be very similar, so maybe we should avoid duplication of effort,
unless your proposal has something different that I haven't seen.

--
Eric Cholet