they use some older cgi libs so I would assume this
would be quite a task.

Jim
Re: Bugzilla [ In reply to ]
Not to modperl yet, but we are working with the Bugzilla group to finish a
firm DBI and DBD::Oracle port which we hope they'll accept and roll into the
codebase. Longer term, I'd been hoping we could *then* port to mod_perl and
specifically to Apache::ASP which we use extensively on top of mod_perl.

> Has anyone ported Bugzilla over to modperl? It seems
> they use some older cgi libs so I would assume this
> would be quite a task.
>
> Jim

Mark Madsen EMAIL: mark@internap.com
InterNAP Network Services OFFICE: 206.441.8800
601 Union Street, Suite 1000 FAX: 206.264.1833
Seattle, WA 98101 PAGER: 888.464.6381

* The contents of this message are proprietary and confidential *
Re: Bugzilla [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Mark Madsen wrote:
> Not to modperl yet, but we are working with the Bugzilla group to finish a
> firm DBI and DBD::Oracle port which we hope they'll accept and roll into the
> codebase. Longer term, I'd been hoping we could *then* port to mod_perl and
> specifically to Apache::ASP which we use extensively on top of mod_perl.

Any chance of using DBIx::AnyDBD, so that adding other database support is
trivial? Let me know if you need any more info or help with that module.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.
Re: Bugzilla [ In reply to ]
Mark Madsen wrote:

> Not to modperl yet, but we are working with the Bugzilla group to finish a
> firm DBI and DBD::Oracle port which we hope they'll accept and roll into the
> codebase. Longer term, I'd been hoping we could *then* port to mod_perl and
> specifically to Apache::ASP which we use extensively on top of mod_perl.

That's huge! Let me know if you have any sites, like your
Bugzilla, that are using Apache::ASP, and I'll be sure to link
them at http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/sites.html ... also if you
would like me to include your Bugzilla port with Apache::ASP,
I'd be happy to include it with whatever licences & disclaimers
you need to throw in there.

Best Regards,

Joshua

Joshua Chamas Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring Huntington Beach, CA USA
http://www.nodeworks.com 1-714-625-4051
Re: Bugzilla [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Jim Serio wrote:

> Has anyone ported Bugzilla over to modperl? It seems
> they use some older cgi libs so I would assume this
> would be quite a task.

I have some of it half done. Will try to get it in to the main
distribution if I ever get it finished.

- ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>