Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.
Re: Possible addition to the guide [ In reply to ]
It shouldn't be that much higher? Once the browser has gotten the symmetric
session id, it will be reused among subsequent HTTPS requests instead of doing
a key exchange all over again.

Re: Possible addition to the guide [ In reply to ]

GB> It shouldn't be that much higher? Once the browser has gotten the
GB> symmetric session id, it will be reused among subsequent HTTPS
GB> requests instead of doing a key exchange all over again.

You just need to make sure your SSL server caches those ids.
When this was implemented in stronghold, the performance really picked
up...
Re: Possible addition to the guide [ In reply to ]

> GB> It shouldn't be that much higher? Once the browser has gotten the
> GB> symmetric session id, it will be reused among subsequent HTTPS
> GB> requests instead of doing a key exchange all over again.
>
> You just need to make sure your SSL server caches those ids.
> When this was implemented in stronghold, the performance really picked
> up...

Can someone post the details of the configuration, to make SSL server
cache those ids?

Thank you!

Stas Bekman mailto:sbekman@iname.com http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org modperl.sourcegarden.org perlmonth.com perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven http://www.singlesheaven.com
Re: Possible addition to the guide [ In reply to ]

SB> Can someone post the details of the configuration, to make SSL server
SB> cache those ids?

That would be server-dependent. I think stronghold does this by
default configuration. Can't say about any others.
Re: Possible addition to the guide [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Vivek Khera wrote:

> SB> Can someone post the details of the configuration, to make SSL server
> SB> cache those ids?
>
> That would be server-dependent. I think stronghold does this by
> default configuration. Can't say about any others.

My understanding is that Ralf has had this for the last half year+ in
mod_ssl. I think it was first implemented using a dbm file for lookup
amongst the processes, and then more recently with mmap/ipc/sharedmem type
facilities. But don't quiz me on the details...