Mailing List Archive

Re: PerlDispatchHandler for error handling?
On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, David Harris wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Does anybody know how to use PerlDispatchHandler to somehow trap errors in
> perl? I think I remember somebody mentioning that... I've been looking around
> and I can't find too much of any documentation about what PerlDispatchHandler
> actually does. (Already checked the archives and www.modperl.com.) Anybody know
> what actually PerlDispatchHandler does? :-)

in a nutshell, if you configure a PerlDispatchHandler, it is called
instead of the configured Perl*Handler's, with the Perl*Handler subroutine
name as the first argument. it's up to your dispatch handler to implement
the calling conventions, error trapping, etc.