Orion - The Enterprise Jamstack Wiki <https://sunstarsys.com/orion/features>
<joe@sunstarsys.com>
954.253.3732 <//954.253.3732>
Re: how to make :Sealed subs reentrant... [ In reply to ]
On Feb 14, 2024, at 12:18 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> pad.c will segfault with an out-of-bounds memory access at line 2460 of pad.c.

Is there a Perl/perl5 GitHub issue or pull request for this?

Regards,
Ed
Re: how to make :Sealed subs reentrant... [ In reply to ]
Why would there be? It only impacts :sealed subs, which is not bundled with
Perl.

Re: how to make :Sealed subs reentrant... [ In reply to ]
sealed.pm is really only necessary in a mod_perl context. And really it
only matters if you are using subrequests to reenter :Sealed handlers.
Otherwise I don't see the point of the exercise.

Re: how to make :Sealed subs reentrant... [ In reply to ]
On Feb 14, 2024, at 2:27 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> sealed.pm is really only necessary in a mod_perl context. And really it only matters if you are using subrequests to reenter :Sealed handlers. Otherwise I don't see the point of the exercise.

Well, I suppose one point of the exercise would that a person who wants to do this wouldn't have patch and compile Perl, but if you don't think there's any value in that, then OK.

Regards,
Ed
Re: how to make :Sealed subs reentrant... [ In reply to ]
Personally, after all the work I have done over the past 25 years to make
mod_perl what it is today, I could care less about making it easy for other
people to avoid patching source code to perl itself.

If you don't like the performance gains of using :Sealed subroutines on
your mod_perl handlers, you can always not use it.