Mailing List Archive

Resolved: Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters + installation notes
Thank you, Joe. Upgrading from libapreq-2.17 (via apt) to
libapreq-2.18 (via svn) resolved my problem -- everything is
functioning as expected now, including HTML POST form handling with
file upload inputs.

I also attached my installation notes with the hopes that this may
be helpful to anyone else installing this upgrade on Debian 12.4 (or
another similar version of Linux).

Thanks again for your fast and helpful response. :)

Re: Resolved: Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters + installation notes [ In reply to ]
Who do we need to beg or plead with to get a proper release of libapreq 2.18? This has been an issue for over a year!

Re: Resolved: Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters + installation notes [ In reply to ]
Nobody?s forcing you to use it.

Joe Schaefer, Ph.D
<joe@sunstarsys.com>
+1 (954) 253-3732
SunStar Systems, Inc.
Orion - The Enterprise Jamstack Wiki

________________________________

Re: Resolved: Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters + installation notes [ In reply to ]
I think this should be updated in aptitude so that Linux users have
a properly-functioning APREQ2 library. I wonder, how many other
applications and progrmaming languages are also negatively impacted
by this given the problems with v2.17 (that v2.18 resolves)?

I'll ask on the IRC channel for Debian, but I don't know if this
will improve reliability for other Linux distributions.

Re: Resolved: Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters + installation notes [ In reply to ]
The helpful people on Debian's IRC channel confirmed that v2.18
isn't even in something called "sid" and suggested I file a bug
report indicating that this update resolves a serious problem (rated
as "important" because v2.17 fails).

I filed a bug report, and I'll provide updates here ASAP.