Mailing List Archive

Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters
I just recently upgraded my systems to Debian 12, and along with it
came modperl_2.17. Overall, this release is working very well,
except for one thing...

Handling CGI parameters in HTML forms that support file attachments,
which results all CGI parameters after the file (whether a user
attaches a file or not makes no difference) are missing.

For any HTML input fields that I move before the file attachment
input element, then then their CGI parameters come through, while all
CGI parameters after the first file input field remain missing.

Any HTML forms that don't have any file input fiels are working
correctly.

<form method=post enctype=multipart/form-data>
Text: <input name=one type=text>
File: <input name=file type=file>
More: <input name=more type=text>
<input type=submit value=Submit>
</form>

In my handling code, using $R->param('one') always functions as
expected, but $R->param('more') returns undef.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, did you find a
solution? (If so, what got it working for you?)

Thanks in advance.

Randolf Richardson, CNA - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
https://www.inter-corporate.com/
Re: Apache2::Upload v2.17 clobbering remaining CGI parameters [ In reply to ]
You need to build and install libapreq2.so from svn sources.

Joe Schaefer, Ph.D.
<https://sunstarsys.com/orion/features>
Orion - The Enterprise Jamstack Wiki <https://sunstarsys.com/orion/features>
<joe@sunstarsys.com>